U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 03:56 PM

3,141 posts, read 5,161,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Rush View Post
Hi,
I can't seem to find any info online about this newspaper. It's being delivered to me and I don't want it. Does anyone know how I can stop the delivery?

Thanks for any help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
If it is just once a month like another poster said, why not just throw it in the recycle bin like all junk mail? I think they deliver to all houses because I also got it in the past and all my neighbors did also. I haven't seen it in awhile though.
I do recall getting a few unsolicited issues of The Light 1-1/2 to 2 years ago, but haven't seen one since. I'm a former long-time daily subscriber the E-N, but I stopped home delivery several years ago for a number of reasons, unreliable delivery being the chief reason. It doesn't appear anyone else in my immediate area is getting the "throwaway" Light, either. I just assumed they folded up their tent completely, but obviously, they didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 04:03 PM

11,933 posts, read 12,802,518 times
They're were throwing them into yards out this way about a month ago.

Like 3 or 4 to each acre yard. Looked really trashy the way they did it.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:40 PM

44 posts, read 31,136 times
I've been trying to call Express News to stop the delivery of The Light, but apparently their circulation dept. is only open until 5PM. I came home just now and found ANOTHER Light paper in my driveway. Grrr...

Old 02-25-2015, 11:30 AM

2,330 posts, read 6,259,073 times
They just want you to see "The Light"

Old 02-25-2015, 11:58 AM

89 posts, read 183,132 times
I had the same issue. They delivered to my house but no other houses, very random and annoying! I email this guy JBraunschweig@express-news.net and after several tries it stopped. For a while! Had to email him again. I know it's a small issue but its annoying and just a pain to get this trash paper in your driveway randomly..

Old 07-30-2015, 11:36 AM

Just as an update - I just got through calling the Express-News subscription dept. (210-250-2000) again to have them cancel my San Antonio Light delivery. This is actually the 4th time I've called to cancel. Each time they say that delivery still stop, but it still keeps coming. This is something I did not request. The newspapers are all over the neighborhood every Wednesday, and some are not picked up for days. Not a nice sight to see.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:05 PM

I'm still not getting the Light, or any other unsolicited newspaper. Haven't for at least a couple of years. Didn't request cancellation, they just stopped. Doesn't look like any of my neighbors get throwaways, either.

Maybe they just target certain neighborhoods? Strange that some areas get it, some don't, and others get it for a brief period, and then it stops.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:51 PM

When I called, the lady on the phone said they might deliver to certain zip codes. I don't believe she was sure of that though.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:02 PM

63 posts, read 93,095 times
I think they deliver it to you if you don't get the daily paper because the HEB weekly ad is in it. We used to get the HEB weekly ad in the mail because we don't get the daily paper, but I wonder if it got too expensive and HEB teamed up with the light.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24annie View Post
I think they deliver it to you if you don't get the daily paper because the HEB weekly ad is in it. We used to get the HEB weekly ad in the mail because we don't get the daily paper, but I wonder if it got too expensive and HEB teamed up with the light.
I still get the weekly HEB ad in the mail. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my neighborhood got the unsolicited weekly Light only for a brief period 2-3 years ago. I used to subscribe to the daily Express-News, but canceled it several years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or