U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 6,466 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a really good pre-school that is in the Stone oak area. I have viewed several that are daycare/pre-schools but I do not want a daycare. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 05:12 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,413,016 times
I can attest to the one my kids went to: St. Thomas Episcopal (281/1604 intersection). Wonderful school, academic curriculum. You can choose 2 day, 3 day, or 5 day, and AM only (8-11:45), or all day until 3:00.

My kids also attended Crown Of Life's summer program. From what I can tell, they are very much like St Thomas, only smaller.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:06 PM

330 posts, read 829,406 times
I went to the newly opened Children's Academy Of Stone Oak, on Huebner Rd. right off Stone Oak parkway.. You will not be disapointed!! The preschool is really nice and colorfull! I met with the owner and was very impressed, the classrooms were biger than Rainbow, Pimrose and Kids R us. I signed up right away becase they are getting full.. Also The children's Acadmy was way more reasonable than all of the others and they included so much more! Hope this helps Here is their website The Childrens Academy of Stone Oak - Daycare in San Antonio offering Educational Child Day Care

Old 04-24-2008, 04:28 PM

5 posts, read 13,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdwilson View Post
I am looking for a really good pre-school that is in the Stone oak area. I have viewed several that are daycare/pre-schools but I do not want a daycare. Does anyone have any suggestions?
The Church of Stone Oak at end of Wilderness pass is an Excellent Pre-School.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac12 View Post
I went to the newly opened Children's Academy Of Stone Oak, on Huebner Rd. right off Stone Oak parkway.. You will not be disapointed!! The preschool is really nice and colorfull! I met with the owner and was very impressed, the classrooms were biger than Rainbow, Pimrose and Kids R us. I signed up right away becase they are getting full.. Also The children's Acadmy was way more reasonable than all of the others and they included so much more! Hope this helps Here is their website The Childrens Academy of Stone Oak - Daycare in San Antonio offering Educational Child Day Care
Yes, but the Children's Academy is a daycare, and, based upon your posts, you are the owner...

Old 04-24-2008, 08:34 PM

330 posts, read 829,406 times
No, I am not the owner , she is listed on their website and they are not a daycare .. they use a private school curriculum, also for the record I have only offered this info twice to people on this thread .

Old 04-24-2008, 08:38 PM

99 posts, read 364,602 times
Harvest at 1604 and 281 is excellent. They are a real preschool with a real curriculum. However, their summer program is a little less structured and only 2 days a week.

But, during the school year their preschool is excellent.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac12 View Post
No, I am not the owner , she is listed on their website and they are not a daycare .. they use a private school curriculum, also for the record I have only offered this info twice to people on this thread .
Um, check the Windows banner on the URL you posted..."daycare in San Antonio"...Website discusses childcare...I didn't say there was anything wrong with that...but a daycare and a preschool are two different things. Most daycares do use a curriculum, but are not designed for the 2 or 3 morning a week child...they are designed for the 7am-6pm child...

Old 04-29-2008, 07:10 AM

8 posts, read 37,138 times
Default preschool

My children do go to the childrens academy of stone oak on huebner rd right in the heart of stone oak & yes they are a childcare facility but nothing like what you are used to! They offer a private preschool curriculum from 8-3 daily they also include spanish,karate,computers & dance with the tuition! They are a childcare facility but really are a preschool for working parents! The staff is great with degreed teachers. I am not the owner but her name is Bernice Wilson and she is such a wonderful person she really strives to make all the children and parents feel special! The church at stone oak is good too but the director of that preschool program is also the director of the childrens academy! So with that being said I would absolutly go by there it is so bright and refreshing when you walk in everything is geared for the kids and in outstanding condition! Not old and falling apart like most of the other places we looked at. I really must say you will see from the minute you walk in the door that they have really set themselves apart from any other school in the area! Hope this helps!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 05:48 PM

134 posts, read 459,595 times
My son went to Harvest preschool for 2 1/2 years & my daughter for the past year & is enrolled for next year too. It is a nice facility. It does have all day care but is seperate from their preschool 8:30 until 3pm. You can choose 2, 3 , 4 & 5 days if you like. Both of my kids have flourished there & if a Christian background is important for you I think you will like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio