U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:11 PM

4,080 posts, read 6,084,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
OK, I must admit, I thought you were kidding on this one. So I googled it:
Chicken and waffles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It just doesn't sound good to me but I'm up for trying anything.

If it's fixed properly and seasoned right it's finger-lickin' good. For some reason it just doesn't sell here in south Texas. Boy are we missin' out....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,124,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
If it's fixed properly and seasoned right it's finger-lickin' good. For some reason it just doesn't sell here in south Texas.
And yet, you can't order chicken strips at Whataburger without automatically receiving a cup of that white gravy. That alone tells me that Texans like chicken and gravy.

Maybe Whataburger should put waffles with that chicken and gravy on the breakfast menu?

Old 04-16-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
And yet, you can't order chicken strips at Whataburger without automatically receiving a cup of that white gravy. That alone tells me that Texans like chicken and gravy.

Maybe Whataburger should put waffles with that chicken and gravy on the breakfast menu?
Excuse me....that white stuff they sell at Whataburger does not resemble any kind of gravy that I ever saw. The gravy you need for this is a slightly runny, golden (not dark) chicken gravy. Something on the order of using the drippings from a cooked chicken, adding some flour and possibly a can of chicken broth along with some salt & pepper. Am I wrong ??? Can I have an amen brothers and sisters ???

I made myself hungry...be back later...(running towards the kitchen to get cookin')

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-16-2008 at 04:54 PM..

Old 04-16-2008, 05:43 PM

259 posts, read 818,575 times
Now I'm missing this place:

:: Roscoe's House of Chicken' n Waffles ::

Old 04-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,124,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Excuse me....that white stuff they sell at Whataburger does not resemble any kind of gravy that I ever saw. The gravy you need for this is a slightly runny, golden (not dark) chicken gravy. Something on the order of using the drippings from a cooked chicken, adding some flour and possibly a can of chicken broth along with some salt & pepper. Am I wrong ??? Can I have an amen brothers and sisters ???
I wouldn't know about the quality of Whataburger's gravy product, since I don't dig gravy and thus am inclined to toss those cups away unopened. I was mostly just offering the suggestion since WaB's insistence on including it with chicken strips puzzles me, and I thought waffles might be the missing piece to tie it together.

I've seen the delicacy you describe on TV, but I forgot what the authentic gravy looked like.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I wouldn't know about the quality of Whataburger's gravy product, since I don't dig gravy and thus am inclined to toss those cups away unopened. I was mostly just offering the suggestion since WaB's insistence on including it with chicken strips puzzles me, and I thought waffles might be the missing piece to tie it together.

I've seen the delicacy you describe on TV, but I forgot what the authentic gravy looked like.
I wasn't being argumentative but one time I did get the chicken strips with the "gravy" and dipped one of said strips into it. It didn't even stick to the strip ???????? Gravy is kinda like a culinary art form. You'll know good when you see or taste it.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:30 PM

119 posts, read 396,093 times
I love Waffle House! We ate there all the time while we were on the road! They're throughout the whole U.S. The closest is Austin or Katy.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister View Post

I knew it !!! The founder's a homeboy from Pa. and knows what chicken & waffles is all about.....

Old 04-17-2008, 05:09 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister View Post

For some reason, I find it funny that this is located in Southern California. Who the heck is eating that stuff?? Do they stop in and chow on their way to the liposuction clinic?

Old 04-17-2008, 05:16 AM

263 posts, read 799,989 times
Exclamation None in Washington D.C. or San Francisco

I miss waffle house soo much! I have to plan a trip near one. I live in Washington D.C. now and will move to San Francisco in a month. Although these cities have been a lot to offer, they don't have Waffle houses nearby!

Enjoy them for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio