U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 06:36 PM

336 posts, read 357,946 times

Advertisements

So I just recently came out here and so far I am 2 months in, so far, so good.

The best things to me, would be the people are nice, the city is big, people go out of their way for others here and its diverse. I really do like it..but sometimes the worst things detract me a little...

The worst things are not what you would think, its not traffic, or rude people, or lack of jobs, no, no, none of that, its two things actually..

Landlords and women here...yep I said it.

Landlords are the absolute worse. I am in a place that I don't care for and I have been trying for over a month to get out. Many people have issues and I hate that. I have seen ads saying "No visitors", wtf? Am I in prison or what? If I am paying you 500 dollars a month, and I have a friend over every once in a while(not ever day), then what is the problem? I had one landlord that told me that I could have "friends" (girls in other words), but that it depended on how good they looked...wtf? Seriously?

Other landlords don't even bother to respond, I did have one though, and he was ok, except he was gay and he was trying to adopt a child. Ok, if you are trying to adopt a child, why are you trying to rent out your spare bedroom? Doesn't the child need that? Then he proceeded to tell me how he might be leaving and going out of state for a job! Again, why are you trying to rent a room if you are doing that?

Others are just downright rude and mean, I had one never respond to me because I confused room with apt and they sent a snarky reply. Well, next. Other landlords put rent as $400 a month, then once you click on it, its plus bills. I saw another one where it was 970 for a 1 bedroom by UTSA, yeah good luck on trying to sell that to someone.

Now as for my last thing, if you are single, you are going to have an uphill battle. Who says that only guys are "creepy"? I have met some of the most creepiest women on here and they are just downright weird. Others are just plain rude and man hating. Dont get me wrong, they will be nice to an extent, but once you get to know them, thats when the crazy comes out. I was talking to one girl and said that i didn't recognize her because she was not wearing glasses, she asked me did she look bad. Before I could even answer, someone on the other side of an open WALL, said that no she didn't(did not even see her). We both went over there, and she said to never let ANYONE tell her that she looks bad. This was not my intention, actually she looked quite good and I had to really hold my tongue and not tell this 50 yr old decrepit mummy where to stick it. That's just rude, but the fact that she interpreted what I said as a negative comment already shows what kind of person she is.

As I said before, still a great city, I do like it and I am happy for the most part, but sometimes, these two things really can detract from what would be an overall great experience.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 08:24 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,291,190 times
LOL creepy women

Old 03-30-2015, 08:41 PM

430 posts, read 364,049 times
How many landlords can you have in 2 months ?

Old 03-30-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
LOL creepy women
Yeah, theres no such thing as "creepy men" anymore. They are also weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve807 View Post
How many landlords can you have in 2 months ?
I have only had one landlord, however, I have been looking for a new place since then as my previous landlord did not accurately describe the setup before I got here.

If you look on craigslist, you will see a guy wanting about 250 just to be ****** weekly and to watch you take a shower, im not kidding

Old 03-31-2015, 10:30 PM

68 posts, read 124,151 times
I suspect you have been renting rooms in houses were the landlord lives? I have done that a couple times and yes the landlord was an a$$. Otherwise, rental properties are way too expensive for this area, it seems in the last 5-10 years rents have been rising without reason. You can sometime find someone who needs a roommate(usually a college student) but once again it is a crap shoot. I just moved out of a home this month and the landlord is trying to screw me out of the last months rent (i also paid a deposit as well) ...landlord said we did not pay last months rent, but I have the lease and the recepts...so still waiting, may have to go to court.
As for women, this town has more women than men per the last records I have seen...not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have run into to some creepy women as well....I am now married so it is no longer a problem. There does seem to be a lot of gold diggers it seems, and in general there are a lot of stupid people(but I guess you get that everywhere). I think you are better off looking for women at work than in bars...just personal observation....if they can keep a job then they probably arent that creepy . That goes for men too, ladies!

Old 04-02-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgholt View Post
I suspect you have been renting rooms in houses were the landlord lives? I have done that a couple times and yes the landlord was an a$$. Otherwise, rental properties are way too expensive for this area, it seems in the last 5-10 years rents have been rising without reason. You can sometime find someone who needs a roommate(usually a college student) but once again it is a crap shoot. I just moved out of a home this month and the landlord is trying to screw me out of the last months rent (i also paid a deposit as well) ...landlord said we did not pay last months rent, but I have the lease and the recepts...so still waiting, may have to go to court.
As for women, this town has more women than men per the last records I have seen...not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have run into to some creepy women as well....I am now married so it is no longer a problem. There does seem to be a lot of gold diggers it seems, and in general there are a lot of stupid people(but I guess you get that everywhere). I think you are better off looking for women at work than in bars...just personal observation....if they can keep a job then they probably arent that creepy . That goes for men too, ladies!
Yes!!! What some of these idiotic land lords need to realize is that THEY need the money, I need a place to stay, its a mutually beneficial agreement for BOTH parties. I may not care for where i live, but I am in no way DESPERATE. I had a land lord flake on me, never call me back and then went back and changed her ad, saying again NO VISITORS. That makes me feel like I am in prison. So you can't have visitors, but the person that owns the house can? How is that fair?

I am sorry to hear about you getting screwed over with the deposit. I keep things pretty clean, and I don't tear anything up and I am always afraid to give a deposit because I have heard too many stories where the place was nice and taken care of and the land lord still did not want to give the deposit back(which is STEALING btw). I would definitely take them to court, if this happens enough times, maybe they will think twice before pulling something like this as well.

Man, you are lucky. I wish I was married, not yet, I don't seem to run into gold diggers, more than it is man haters. I call them out on it since then they wonder why i don't want to talk to them. I mean seriously, who wants to talk or hang out with someone that hates that person's gender? I sure don't. Hope everything works out for you and i guess that I am not the only one here.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:34 AM

892 posts, read 1,596,470 times
LOL you all are cracking me up!

Old 04-02-2015, 10:39 AM

892 posts, read 1,596,470 times
Oh also if you want to meet less "creepy" women, stop looking for them!!!

Old 04-03-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
Oh also if you want to meet less "creepy" women, stop looking for them!!!
So you must be a woman i assume, yeah heaven help you if the same stereotypes and names that are given to guys are now given to women right?

Anyways, creepy women are everywhere, church, work, you name it, but using your logic, the next time a girl complains about getting beat, or the guy mistreating her, guys should tell her to quit choosing crappy guys . Hey, works for me.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:52 AM

11 posts, read 14,234 times
I agree about the landlords. I rented two apartments and each time my lease was up they increased the rent by 200-300$ a month. Don't even think about going month to month because they wanted 2300$ for a 1 month extension (quite a jump from 800$ a month) at the first apartment complex. the second apartment complex only ransomed me for 1600$ per month when I asked for a two month extension, my original rent for 900$ a month.. Did not take me long to realize I needed to buy a house. It just seems to me that stuff like this should be illegal, I had never experienced it before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or