U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-15-2008, 09:02 PM

2 posts, read 14,232 times
Default USAA Info???

Hi everyone,
I am very interested in knowing as much as possible about working for USAA. The people I have encountered here in San Antonio do not say very kind things about the company and I really worried cuz, I am considering a membership rep job with them. HELP?

Anyone out there know what this pays? Is it really that STRESSFUL to work in this call center environment?

Plz reply soon....
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 09:24 PM

51 posts, read 122,578 times
I worked for USAA and I can tell you it is an excellent company to work for. Having come from one of thier competitors I can tell you that they are that many companies that match what USAA offers. For starters the medical benefits are great I have a family of 4 and I only pay $59 a paycheck for medical and $24 for dental, USAA also gives you a spending card for the year that you can use to pay for medicines, deductables and many other medical expenses. If you have the family plan you are given $3000 for the year which is more that enough and the best part is you can carry over to the following year.

You also get a $400 allowance for wellness that you can use to purchase fitness equiptment, bikes or other recreational items. The company matches up to 8% for 401k and you can choose from either a 401k plan or roth ira. On an average you earn about 31 day a year for vacation, this includes floating holidays, flex days, and vacation. We are given 2 bonuses each year one in xmas and one in feb, the bonus in xmas is basically an extra paycheck and the one in feb is around 12% of your annual salary.

The campus itself is huge and has 3 very nice gyms, a phramacy, onside nurse station, post office, 6 cafeteria's that include wendy's chick fa le, subway, starbucks, and many others, plus there is a jewler onsite.

the pay is very competitive and in my experience very good compare to other companies.

the people that you have talked to have they ever worked for USAA?

Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Status: "joined in 2014 ...knows first class flyer. ..hmmm" (set 1 day ago)

13,584 posts, read 21,221,142 times
You might get some info here:
USAA Forum - What's the company culture at USAA? | Indeed.com

Old 01-15-2008, 09:47 PM

2 posts, read 14,232 times
Unhappy USAA Information

Yes, thank you I did read and have been reading all of the posts. I guess there are some good things about the company but, I still keep hearing the same stuff. The benefits are REALLY great but how about the employees? How are they treated and what about all that excess stress?

Is the money they pay there as a call center rep really worth all the stress and the harm it can cause a person??

Just curious?

Old 01-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Status: "joined in 2014 ...knows first class flyer. ..hmmm" (set 1 day ago)

13,584 posts, read 21,221,142 times
Things may be changing now that they have a new CEO. I don't think the pay is all that great for the call center, but maybe it's gone up recently? For me, half a million would not be enough for me to be plugged into a phone all day, and I'm serious. That job would make me nuts.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:57 PM

The stuff that you are hearing is it comming from people who actually work at USAA? I can tell you that everyone that I have come across have always treated me with respect, from high level managers to basic reps. everyone is treated the same.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Things may be changing now that they have a new CEO. I don't think the pay is all that great for the call center, but maybe it's gone up recently? For me, half a million would not be enough for me to be plugged into a phone all day, and I'm serious. That job would make me nuts.

With the new CEO taking over there will be some changes but the feeling from the employees is the changes are going to be positive for everyone

Old 01-15-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutzytutzy View Post
Yes, thank you I did read and have been reading all of the posts. I guess there are some good things about the company but, I still keep hearing the same stuff. The benefits are REALLY great but how about the employees? How are they treated and what about all that excess stress?

Is the money they pay there as a call center rep really worth all the stress and the harm it can cause a person??

Just curious?
They tend to pay more than other call centers and your pay is determined on your level of experience and education. As far as stress there is going to be stress in a call center enviroment I can tell you that compared to Chase, Citibank and Wachovia the stress level is less because you are not pressured to sell on every call and you are not timed for how long you spend on a call like you are at Citibank and the others. Having

Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutzytutzy View Post

Just curious?
the pay is competitive and in most cases more than other call center like citibank, chase, wamu, and wachovia. I know for a fact they pay more than citibank, chase and wachovia. I think wamu is more competitive with usaa but when u factor in the bonuses and health benefits you come out on top with usaa.

As far as stress, any time you work in a call center you will experience stress but what make usaa different from other banks is that you are not pressured to sell something on every call and you are not timed on how long you spend on each call. Other companies use handle time to track how long it take for you to end the call. So you basically have to worry about servicing the customer and at the same time not go over your handle time. At usaa they dont have handle time. So I would say that not having a handle time alone would make usaa a less stessful enviroment

Old 01-15-2008, 11:25 PM

925 posts, read 54,836 times
Isn't USAA always ranked really well in terms of "best place to work"? I've never heard a bad thing about working for USAA, although I did here a lot of negative stuff about the last CEO of the company who just recently stepped down. That was cheered big time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio