Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 06:35 PM

117 posts, read 200,026 times

Advertisements

Hi, help me with your input:
I am looking at the Abbey apartments for $1300/month for a 2 bed/2 bath apartment with garage and pool and schools are Canyon Ridge Elem/ Tejeda Middle.
I like the amenities but there are extra charges for cable/trash/utilities. Also I will have to put my stuff in storage = more cost.
Also looking at (gotta move fast)a house in Bulverde Village - Carruthers Oak @ $1300/month. Does it have a swimming pool? On satellite view it appears to be one (off of Bulverde Green) but I a not sure it belongs to that subdivision.
The schools are Cibolo Green Elem/ Tex Hill Middle. Does anyone know how good those schools are?
What is the traffic from UTSA to either area? Are there alternate routes?
What's the shopping like? Any Targets around?
What would be your pick - house in Bulverde or Apartment in Stone Oak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 08:13 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,553,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calispers View Post
Hi, help me with your input:
I am looking at the Abbey apartments for $1300/month for a 2 bed/2 bath apartment with garage and pool and schools are Canyon Ridge Elem/ Tejeda Middle.
I like the amenities but there are extra charges for cable/trash/utilities. Also I will have to put my stuff in storage = more cost.
Also looking at (gotta move fast)a house in Bulverde Village - Carruthers Oak @ $1300/month. Does it have a swimming pool? On satellite view it appears to be one (off of Bulverde Green) but I a not sure it belongs to that subdivision.
The schools are Cibolo Green Elem/ Tex Hill Middle. Does anyone know how good those schools are?
What is the traffic from UTSA to either area? Are there alternate routes?
What's the shopping like? Any Targets around?
What would be your pick - house in Bulverde or Apartment in Stone Oak?
The 2 locations you mentioned are about 2-3 miles apart, the Abbey on the west side of 281, Bulverde Village on the east side. Both are extremely close to a (Super)Target, as well as other shopping. The Abbey would put you slightly closer to UTSA. Bulverde Village has a common pool, but I don't think that all of the individual neighborhoods (none are gated) have access. Bulverde Village has a lot of rentals, I don't think you will have trouble finding another if this one gets away from you. Any house you would have to pay for cable and utilities, and possibly trash (BV is outside of San Antonio city limits, trash pickup is Tiger)

As far as schools, all of those are top notch in the NEISD, and you would be splitting hairs to compare them. However, I believe than Canyon Ridge feeds into Lopez MS; again, excellent.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:07 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,810 times
Canyon Ridge feeds into Bush although there may be a few areas that feed into Tejeda. I think next school year is the year it gets fixed up with the new boundaries so that schools aren't being split into different MSs and HSs. Most of the kids were moved for the current school year though. I think Bush went from 25% heading to Johnson HS down to 8% this year. It's hard on those kids when most are heading to Reagan HS.

I agree that both areas have great schools. I do know further back from Bulverde Village in the same area is the dividing line for NEISD and Judson ISD so be absolutely sure if you end up in a different house over there.

BTW my son is at Bush MS and loves it.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:00 AM

I looked up the Stone Oak apartments address to the NEISD boundary/schools search tool and it gave me Tejeda MS. But you say that next year could be different? Are they redistributing kids ?
Thank you guys, Its hard to make a decision just by looking at a map!

Old 05-01-2015, 08:02 AM

That's the tool I used to locate schools:
Infofinder i (Northeast Independent School District)

Old 05-01-2015, 08:18 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,810 times
I checked NEISD boundaries and that's accurate. Im sorry, I didn't realize Canyon Ridge was still so split up. Thinking about it now I think the 8% of the kids heading for Johnson HS from Bush probably grandfathered in when the boundaries changed for this school year.

Tejeda is a great school though. Bush is closer distance wise to those apartments but in our case Lopez is closer even though we go to Bush. I can tell you they're going to have a monster football team next year because their 7th grade team was huge. Academically most of the schools in this area are very similar and being some of the best in SA you can't go wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio