U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 05:46 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,308,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
If you're looking for a "Texan" experience head for Floores Country Store or Leon Springs Dance Hall. You might even check out Gruene Hall and the Grist Mill Restaurant next door for a piece of real Texas music history... but skip Midnight Rodeo or Cowboys- they're just countrified meat market nightclubs.
I agree with Celeste on this one. I would skip Midnight Rodeo or Cowboys. Flores Country Store serves food, I'm not sure about Leon Springs Dance Hall. Either of these would be much better than Midnight Rodeo or Cowboys. Here is a link to Flores:
JOHN T. FLOORE COUNTRY STORE - OVER 60 YEARS IN HELOTES (http://www.liveatfloores.com/main.htm - broken link)

and Leon Springs:
Leon Springs Dance Hall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 07:18 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,186,296 times
How about Midnight Rodeo

Old 01-18-2008, 07:36 AM

1,893 posts, read 4,862,837 times
I once heard it referred to as "Midnight Ride-A-Ho". I've been refused entry there once because I did not look "Country" enough. Asked to leave twice. No explanation on those two occasions. I guess the front door crew was not paying enough attention on those nights. I don't care. The only reason I ever went there in the first place was because of some event like a birthday party or something that I was invited to. I think they do have some kind of sleazy buffet on Fridays happy hour though.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,124,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
You might even check out Gruene Hall and the Grist Mill Restaurant next door for a piece of real Texas music history.
I was going to suggest those places, too. IMO, it's best to go when the weather is nice, so you can dine outside.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:29 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,105,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaleman View Post
Doesn't Leon Springs Dance Hall serve dinner? Maybe it was just an event that I went to that was catered...

Floore's Country Store does for sure.
Live At Floores - Floores Country Store - Helotes, Texas
I thought Rudy's BBQ (some of the best in Texas) catered to the Leon Springs Dance Hall. If not, then it is just across the street!

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm.........Rudy's!

Cheers! M2

Old 02-01-2012, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,280 times
leon springs is nice, they only serve food til a certain hour, I think 7. Midnight rodeo is nice, I never ever had a problem there, and yes they have a Happy hr buffet. Cowboys Dance hall is very nice, but 4/5ths of the crowd is just too young for me, and I'm 45 lol. Also they are a bit expensive, last time i was there they wanted $4.25 for a domestic longneck. There's a pretty nice place on the west side (north west for those that don't want to be associated w/the west side) it's called the StockYards on 151 and westover blvd, right behind rudy's bbq (they used to serve food but not anymore). There is Another club that looks just like Midnight Rodeo on 281 and Evans rd (same owners) in Stoneoak. It's pretty nice. There's also another one that is cool, the "thirsty horse" on North west military and lockhill Selma. I had fun at all of them, never had a problem. Everybody has an opinion, just like everybody has an...(u know the rest), Any place with a band or plenty of music w/a dance floor and Alcohol can be a meat market, If you have charm and you know how to use it, the world (opposite sex) can be yours for the taking, it's what you make it. So as they say:"Don't start none, won't be none." That goes for everything. If you're just looking for a good time for you and your husband any of the places above will do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio