U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Thoughts on SA?
Native of SA and I like it 33 27.73%
Native of SA and its ok 3 2.52%
Native of SA and I dont like it 4 3.36%
Non-Native of SA and I like it 53 44.54%
Non-Native of SA and its ok 11 9.24%
Non-Native of SA and I dont like it 7 5.88%
Intl Immigrant to SA and I like it 2 1.68%
Intl Immigrant to SA and its ok 2 1.68%
Intl Immigrant to SA and I dont like it 0 0%
Lemme vote!!! 4 3.36%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 02:32 PM

226 posts, read 793,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
best meatmarket?
I would say Culebra Meat Markets are the best. They're almost everywhere in San Antonio, lol but they have some great specials on meat and other stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 02:51 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,149,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Near Shamu View Post
I would say Culebra Meat Markets are the best. They're almost everywhere in San Antonio, lol but they have some great specials on meat and other stuff.
I think he meant meatmarket in the crudest sense. Maybe not, but he's asking about best gyms--for workouts (when you're serious about your workout) and the meatmarket variety (when you're serious about your workout and your social life.) Just my guess....

Old 02-22-2008, 03:03 PM

3,981 posts, read 9,415,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I think he meant meatmarket in the crudest sense. Maybe not, but he's asking about best gyms--for workouts (when you're serious about your workout) and the meatmarket variety (when you're serious about your workout and your social life.) Just my guess....
you would be correct.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:19 AM

226 posts, read 793,264 times
Haha, well then I'm sorry I misunderstood. But hey, now you know where to get a good bbq deal

Old 02-28-2008, 08:30 AM

13 posts, read 28,683 times
"Sorry, I just can't find it "sexy" when someone's fat rolls are showing."

Funny that you assume women are somehow obligated to look sexually inviting to you. You seem to not understand that women aren't here to be sexual toys and decorations, so you will be continually "disgusted" with the reality of humanity. You also might want to be aware that many men are out there looking completely PREGNANT they're so fat, and half are balding, too. They couldn't cover up their cellulite if they tried -- they don't even make shirts big enough to cover these guys.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:53 AM

2,397 posts, read 5,844,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JericaLily View Post
"Sorry, I just can't find it "sexy" when someone's fat rolls are showing."

Funny that you assume women are somehow obligated to look sexually inviting to you. You seem to not understand that women aren't here to be sexual toys and decorations, so you will be continually "disgusted" with the reality of humanity. You also might want to be aware that many men are out there looking completely PREGNANT they're so fat, and half are balding, too. They couldn't cover up their cellulite if they tried -- they don't even make shirts big enough to cover these guys.
How does this in any way respond to the OP's original questions? Besides, I don't believe the poster of the quote you noted above was making a distinction between male and female. He said "someone's," not "her." Sheesh!

Do us all a favor and stop the male-bashing. It's quite unbecoming!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:08 PM

whats a nice cheap (safe) hotel near St Marys?

Old 03-12-2008, 09:58 PM

790 posts, read 3,616,851 times
Quote:
whats a nice cheap (safe) hotel near St Marys?
St. Mary's is in the middle of a residential and light industrial area, and there really aren't any traditional hotels in the immediate vicinity. If you drive up 281 to the Jones Maltsberger exit by the Quarry, there are a couple mid-market suite hotels, and I believe the La Quinta by the Walmart/Target has lots of specials because it's in the middle of the construction mess by the airport.

Alternatively, you can head 2 or 3 exits downtown and stay at any number of chain hotels like Days Inn, La Quinta, etc., for between $89 and $169/nt depending on how full the city is. Lastly, San Antonio has a plethora of beautiful bed and breakfasts that can be really good deals, especially when you factor in the breakfast and extra perks/happy hour many offer. Plus, who really likes those chain hotels anyway? Visit Bed and Breakfast San Antonio Texas TX Lodging and Accommodation Links to Bed & Breakfast Association Member Inns or San Antonio Bed and Breakfasts to see a sampling of B&B's and rates. If this is a route you are interested in, DM me and I can give you my personal favorites among the bunches.

Just FYI: I would not recommend any of the low-budget motels on I-35 or Austin Highway. In San Antonio, you typically get what you pay for hotel-wise, and remember, this is a big convention town so if you're looking for cheap rates try to time your visit so you come in between big conferences.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
St. Mary's is in the middle of a residential and light industrial area, and there really aren't any traditional hotels in the immediate vicinity. If you drive up 281 to the Jones Maltsberger exit by the Quarry, there are a couple mid-market suite hotels, and I believe the La Quinta by the Walmart/Target has lots of specials because it's in the middle of the construction mess by the airport.

Alternatively, you can head 2 or 3 exits downtown and stay at any number of chain hotels like Days Inn, La Quinta, etc., for between $89 and $169/nt depending on how full the city is. Lastly, San Antonio has a plethora of beautiful bed and breakfasts that can be really good deals, especially when you factor in the breakfast and extra perks/happy hour many offer. Plus, who really likes those chain hotels anyway? Visit Bed and Breakfast San Antonio Texas TX Lodging and Accommodation Links to Bed & Breakfast Association Member Inns or San Antonio Bed and Breakfasts to see a sampling of B&B's and rates. If this is a route you are interested in, DM me and I can give you my personal favorites among the bunches.

Just FYI: I would not recommend any of the low-budget motels on I-35 or Austin Highway. In San Antonio, you typically get what you pay for hotel-wise, and remember, this is a big convention town so if you're looking for cheap rates try to time your visit so you come in between big conferences.
going to be there next weekend (21-23) hopefully, a dead weekend.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:27 AM

14,614 posts, read 31,149,965 times
Quote:
going to be there next weekend (21-23) hopefully, a dead weekend.
It's spring break, so I don't think it's going to be dead. The school kids from here will just be wrapping their break up, plus it's Easter weekend, isn't it? Pretty big holiday for SA, since we like to thump the Bibles, hello?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio