U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 10:32 AM

520 posts, read 599,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
He would yell and curse at the guards whenever he was inconvenienced or didn't get his way.
That doesn't sound very Christian of him. Sorry couldn't help it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 12:32 PM

4,149 posts, read 9,299,613 times
Quote:
He would yell and curse at the guards whenever he was inconvenienced or didn't get his way.
Yeah, not buying that. I don't go to his church, but I've been around him plenty and he's never been anything but nice.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:14 PM

6,256 posts, read 8,976,880 times
Quote:
I may not care for the man, but I've never seen him do things like that.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:19 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,502,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Yeah, not buying that. I don't go to his church, but I've been around him plenty and he's never been anything but nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
The way people act around people they believe to be around the same social standing versus they way they treat hired help can be completely different. I have a feeling neither of you have seen him interact with people that would be "beneath" him.

I'm not saying that I have, but the poster that mentioned this has not reason to slam him if it wasn't true

Old 06-02-2015, 01:41 PM

270 posts, read 842,769 times
Qatar official, wife accused of force labor - San Antonio Express-News

Well, this sounds rather discriminatory....In The Dominion, no less.

Last edited by flourpower; 06-02-2015 at 02:18 PM..

Old 06-02-2015, 01:52 PM

520 posts, read 599,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flourpower View Post
Not surprised at all, saw it first hand in places like Bahrain, UAE, and Kuwait 20 years ago. It is regular practice in the rich Middle Eastern countries to use expatriates from poor countries for labor (Phillipines, Pakistan, India), etc.. They lure them with promises of enough pay to support their entire family if not village. Then once they are in-country their sponsor takes their passports and charge them rooom & board leaving only a small fraction of their wage - basically a slight step up from slavery in that they get paid, but they aren't free to leave. Which is why it drives me nuts to see places like Dubai getting all of the play it does from celebrities.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:09 PM

6,998 posts, read 10,227,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I never got a chance to meet him, but the guards didn't have a reason to lie. They had mostly positive things to say about the other residents. Why out of all people would they only say bad things about Hagee? What smuboy said is a possibility. He may see the guards as being beneath him. People of a different social standing and other types of backgrounds have different experiences. Several white (and possibly Hispanic) forum members have said they have never encountered or heard about incidents of racism in SA, but I've experienced it myself and have known others who have experienced it. Just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it has never happened.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:02 PM

702 posts, read 607,785 times
The dominion is filled with rich mexican nationals so you should be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio