U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 05:48 PM

117 posts, read 142,006 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to rent an apartment in Stone Oak. I have excellent credit, no criminal background whatsoever, I have been with the same employer for 9 years and I am now coming to Texas without employment to go back to school get my second bachelors degree. I will start to look for a job the day I set foot there until school starts and my husband will too. I am confident I will get a job, I am in the dental field. We have savings and have W2s from work. This apartment for which I applied did not want to approve us because we don't have a current job in SA. Then, they said all they could do is a 6 month prepaid lease in full= $8.200,00. I said ok. Then, they said but we can only hold it for 2 weeks. I said ok I will call back within two weeks of my move. Today I call back, they say: "oh, but I can only do 8 months lease. Is that a problem? " . No, not really, you want now that I pay $10,400.00 in full. NO PROBLEM AT ALLL!!!!. #*#BLIP#*!! Am I being unreasonable not to want to purse this place any more? what are they going to ask me for next? I really like the location and the schools with bus service, safe area but I cant believe these people, I have email correspondence of them asking for a 6 month lease and confirming the amount now they tell me they" cant do it". I have savings and need to pay for a place to live anyway. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 05:56 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,546,340 times
Find another place.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:58 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,415,436 times
Make sure you are speaking with the property manager. 6 month leases are the norm, so I'm not sure why they want 8 months.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:05 PM

464 posts, read 659,528 times
I would recommend finding an alternate apartment. Also check this site for feedback. I'd bet that you aren't the first person they've tried doing this to.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:09 PM

10,864 posts, read 11,910,562 times
No way in hell I'd give those people a penny of my money.

Find another place.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:11 PM

4,081 posts, read 6,085,749 times
Why does it have to be Stone Oak ??

Old 05-26-2015, 06:18 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,368,756 times
Why not just buy a home?

Old 05-26-2015, 06:42 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,145,156 times
If they're this flaky prior to move-in, I would hate to think about how bad it is once you're under a contract with them. Have you tried using an apartment locator service? Sometimes they know where to send you when you have the issues you have. Good luck!

Old 05-26-2015, 07:02 PM

874 posts, read 1,157,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calispers View Post
I have been trying to rent an apartment in Stone Oak. I have excellent credit, no criminal background whatsoever, I have been with the same employer for 9 years and I am now coming to Texas without employment to go back to school get my second bachelors degree. I will start to look for a job the day I set foot there until school starts and my husband will too. I am confident I will get a job, I am in the dental field. We have savings and have W2s from work. This apartment for which I applied did not want to approve us because we don't have a current job in SA. Then, they said all they could do is a 6 month prepaid lease in full= $8.200,00. I said ok. Then, they said but we can only hold it for 2 weeks. I said ok I will call back within two weeks of my move. Today I call back, they say: "oh, but I can only do 8 months lease. Is that a problem? " . No, not really, you want now that I pay $10,400.00 in full. NO PROBLEM AT ALLL!!!!. #*#BLIP#*!! Am I being unreasonable not to want to purse this place any more? what are they going to ask me for next? I really like the location and the schools with bus service, safe area but I cant believe these people, I have email correspondence of them asking for a 6 month lease and confirming the amount now they tell me they" cant do it". I have savings and need to pay for a place to live anyway. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Sounds to me like they are clueless and only want to *********. Move on and find something else.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:47 PM

117 posts, read 142,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Make sure you are speaking with the property manager. 6 month leases are the norm, so I'm not sure why they want 8 months.
They told me they have too many leases up in the same month so they cant sign me up for 6 months (which they offered 2 weeks ago). I politely asked them to honor it and she (the manager) said her supervisor was firm about that and there was nothing she could do. Hmf!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or