Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 08:21 PM

410 posts, read 1,249,472 times

Advertisements

Just saw the WOAI article/clip. Didn't know this was happening.

Any news? Pros/Cons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 09:56 PM

448 posts, read 812,579 times
Here's a link to the WOAI article.

The article just came out yesterday evening so there probably won't be an updates until after their meeting on the 7th.

I'm not 100% sure why San Antonio wants to annex all those areas anyway. If there's enough people in the area that want to incorporate, I think they should be able to. I think it's strange they need SA's permission to do so - I'm not sure what the reasoning for that law is.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:07 PM

84 posts, read 133,855 times
The county wants the city to annex these areas cuz they can't properly take care of them & their needs. Its not the city being greedy. Why does alamo ranch need to be its own "city" its such a small area.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:50 AM

349 posts, read 422,019 times
its in san antonio's etj.

chances of this happening are probably slim and none.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:01 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,648 times
I hope they successfully incorporate.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:03 AM

894 posts, read 1,545,948 times
I live in an unincorporated area of the county that is also in the city's crosshairs (not Alamo Ranch) and I don't want to be annexed for many reasons. First, our HOA owns the streets so the city won't be providing us with any help there. The sheriff provides us with adequate law enforcement and we are closer to the fire station in Grey Forest that provides our protection than any COSA station...and the city has no plans to improve our coverage. The only thing annexation will bring to me is higher taxes. Period. More taxes with zero benefits. That is precisely why they want to annex us. It is a money grab for the city. Annex high dollar homes, tax them, use the dollars to support programs that have zero benefit to those being annexed. Robin Hood is alive and well at COSA. Quite certain the folks in Alamo Ranch feel the same way.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:27 AM

84 posts, read 133,855 times
...have you done your research? it was clearly stated that the county, not city, asked to the COSA to annex the land. Sure the city taxing the people living in these areas is apart of the deal but its NOT wasn't originally the city's agenda. Why are yall suburbanites stuck on living right on the edge of the city limits anyways? If yall want to get away from the city so much, then live in the country. This city is expanding. I remember when alamo ranch was non existent. But now that there's a million houses & stores & restaurants yall wanna complain about it being annexed?

Old 02-02-2015, 08:47 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrlatsha View Post
Just saw the WOAI article/clip. Didn't know this was happening.

Any news? Pros/Cons?
OP, your title is so misleading to some people. There is no "City of Alamo Ranch" meaning there is no Alamo Ranch Police, City Hall, etc.

As for the annexation issue, I personally don't care either way if it happens or not but the people living in AR should have known this was a matter of "when it will happen", not "if it will happen".

Old 02-02-2015, 09:08 AM

5 posts, read 7,949 times
I could not imagine a better person to represent the people of Alamo Ranch....

Old 02-02-2015, 09:22 AM

136 posts, read 225,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
OP, your title is so misleading to some people. There is no "City of Alamo Ranch" meaning there is no Alamo Ranch Police, City Hall, etc.

As for the annexation issue, I personally don't care either way if it happens or not but the people living in AR should have known this was a matter of "when it will happen", not "if it will happen".
How is the title misleading? It implies one or the other. The future incorporation by Alamo Ranch which would make it it's own town, city, municipality, or whatever you want to call it. Or, the annexation by the city. I don't think the OP was trying to say that Alamo Ranch in it's current state is a City. As for the police and city hall, that comes with incorporation in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio