Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 09:39 AM

366 posts, read 493,746 times

Advertisements

Entropy, do you think the tramp is OK? Because it definitely sounds better then the stomping and running all over the apartment. I'm trying to keep her from doing it but kids, you can't just chain them up. When her cousins came over and were stomping around my daughter yelled at them for it because she said you're not allowed to run! We're UPSTAIRS! Seriously I thought she was going to have her little head explode she was so mad at them. We've really drilled it in but she is still only a little kid. I try not to be noisy and even tell my husband when he sounds like he's walking heavily. But I mean we're just walking. We're not going out of our way to be noisy. I don't know what else to do. Wouldn't a little trampoline (it's very tiny, enough for one person only) be better than the stomping over every room? I could put it on the patio, that might help? I'm seriously not trying to be a bad neighbor but when you have to put together a desk in the middle of the day no one has the right to scream and complain. That's part of apartment life.

I personally do not mind thumping. My trigger is music. That bass sound that pounds through everything. I get migraines and the music is painful and during the day there's no way to stop it. I've had ear plugs stuffed in my ears and headphones on top of that and still could hear it. You don't get the benefit of hearing the full spectrum of the music, the melody. You just get the bass and it just huuurrts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 10:26 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSonner View Post
No worries, there's so much wrong with the car the scratches are the least of my problems. The AC is the worst. It is basically an oven on wheels.
Maybe you can buy some freon at an auto parts store & recharge the freon in the A/C & that'll make it cooler for you? Just a bit of tangential advice.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:59 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSonner View Post
Yep that's the next step, a camera. But not call the cops for fear of them escalating? They're straight out psychotic. I mean who screams at children playing outside their apartment?

My hubby said he heard the woman talking (not hard to manage) and sounded like she worked in social services from what she said.

Gonna be keeping an electronic eye on them.
Didn't say not to call the cops, just know if they figure out who called things will escalate.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:48 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
Don't bring cops into it without proof such as eyewitness or video surveillance as Tex recommended.

Even then I would not advise pressing criminal charges and instead would consider consultation with management.

Pursue eviction or relocation to another unit for the culprit, if indeed the neighbor below is at fault. Then being told of proof of being a bad tenant and still on the hook for criminal charges if "the other tenant" (op) decides, maybe they will just up and move.

Apartments are not permanent residences anyways and everyone always expects to move eventually.

The law is an instrument akin to a hammer, or net, yet for this vandal (no need to label as mentally ill) a simple fly swatter like management can be your shoo fly.

Corporate won't care and cops will treat it as just another property crime. Management won't care too much either since they get changed out like underwear in most complexes but are the likeliest to return your peace of mind and property. You can also make your alarm more sensitive and have a loud simulated conversation on your phone when they are within earshot about shooting fleeing vandals after dark in Texas is legal and while you don't agree you thank them for agreeing to house sit for you.

Finally, if at all possible, decouple the anger and bummed out feelings of this experience with the actual event so it is akin to just another accident or incident on the road that could not be avoided and pay your deductible soon for the paint shop. Driving a keyed up car will only remind you, don't wait to long and hope you already reported it to your insurance.

Last edited by Merovee; 06-08-2015 at 09:05 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 11:04 PM

63 posts, read 116,873 times
Wow. We were thinking of downsizing and maybe moving into an apartment. That has definitely put me off. Will stick to a small house instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio