U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:22 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,984,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops View Post
The lower parts of Monticello park have their share of small, but well built homes in masonry styles you won't see around much of the rest of town, including Monte Vista. I remember Fulton Street specifically.
I would not recommend Fulton St. due to rundown condition and location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 09:28 PM

3,471 posts, read 17,183,842 times
Fulton Street would be the perfect investment becasue of the rundown condition and great location. Close to downtown, easy access to transportation, close to all the freeways.
The houses have great bones and do not need huge dollars to redo back to thier original glory.
You just need some vision and the ability to hold yiour breath till it pops and everyone wants to have one of those great stucco homes that has been refurbished to it's original glory.
I think I'm gonna go check out what bargains are there.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:13 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,984,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
Fulton Street would be the perfect investment becasue of the rundown condition and great location. Close to downtown, easy access to transportation, close to all the freeways.
The houses have great bones and do not need huge dollars to redo back to thier original glory.
You just need some vision and the ability to hold yiour breath till it pops and everyone wants to have one of those great stucco homes that has been refurbished to it's original glory.
I think I'm gonna go check out what bargains are there.
Your right... there is alot of potential there. The houses are as cute as they can be but the area has a long ways to go unless some savvy investors buy up a good number of the homes and do renovations. There are some homes that look good but most are in disrepair. I will try to hold my breath till it pops because I would love to see those sweet little homes restored to their original glory... it is a one of a kind street with one of a kind homes. If it could be restored it would become a destination for the tourist bus industry.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:01 PM

777 posts, read 3,392,010 times
The quality of the areas' indifferent-at-best schools affects what type of buyers would take a chance on these older-property neighborhoods.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 5,525 times
Tobin Hill is undergoing a lot of renovation, too, but it is very pricey. I think Beacon Hill will be the next big thing as far as neighborhoods go.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:43 AM

18,509 posts, read 28,056,748 times
None of those areas are going anywhere. I lived in beacon hill for two years and it only got worse.

BUt Monte vista isn't much better either. there were a few good homes but they were often surrounded by crappy homes.

Monte Vista has the came canine problems that Alta Vista and Beacon hill have (residents letting their dog roam the streets attacking people)

all these areas are big dumps that need to be plowed under to allow for new growth. whats up with all the cracked sidewalks west of the railway tracks? what is up with crappy lawns in the entire area?

what is up with people planting plants in toilets and bathtubs?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:26 PM

51 posts, read 81,347 times
Quote:
BUt Monte vista isn't much better either. there were a few good homes but they were often surrounded by crappy homes.
That is an outright lie, I'd call it an exaggeration if it were but I'm sorry, that's an out right lie.

Quote:
Monte Vista has the came canine problems that Alta Vista and Beacon hill have (residents letting their dog roam the streets attacking people)
I have two separate acquaintances that live in Monte Vista. Do you want to know how many stray's I've seen walking around MV in the 4 years I've been going there on a regular basis? One. And honestly, it had its collar so it could have been a lost dog not stray.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:52 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,056,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metromansa View Post
That is an outright lie, I'd call it an exaggeration if it were but I'm sorry, that's an out right lie.

I have two separate acquaintances that live in Monte Vista. Do you want to know how many stray's I've seen walking around MV in the 4 years I've been going there on a regular basis? One. And honestly, it had its collar so it could have been a lost dog not stray.
I lived in Beacon Hill my friend lived in Monte Vista and I would go there to walk her dogs and I saw strays every single day. Every last one.

Dogs usually stay away from cars so if you don't walk there obviously you won't see them as often. Try walking through the neighborhood. especially with a dog.

And you may have your opinions about the houses, especially if you don't know better. Monte Vista is nice for San Antonio but that isn't saying much

Old 07-09-2010, 02:40 PM

53 posts, read 98,428 times
completely absurd and obviously uninformed! I am a MV homeowner and have never encountered this!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:08 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,430,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

And you may have your opinions about the houses, especially if you don't know better. Monte Vista is nice for San Antonio but that isn't saying much
I know better, and Monte Vista has many beautiful homes. They aren't the huge mansions of River Oaks, but they are great homes no matter what city they are located in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio