Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,348 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Ireceived my first speeding ticket in April, I did not select deferred adjudicationbecause I had no idea the fee was so high, I selected defensive driving, butnow I only have 2 weeks to complete before my time is up …. I don’t have timeto complete this since everything needs to be mailed not to mention it willtake 6 hours of my time plus needing to pay for a copy of my driving record.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]On the bottom of the affidavit it stated if Ido not complete the drives course within the allotted time I will need to pay$83.00, I’d much rather do that.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Myquestion is, if I do not complete the drivers course will my speeding ticket goon my driving record and cause my auto insurance to go up?[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Or regardless of my action will it go on myrecord since I declined deferred adjudication? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 10:07 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,469,479 times
Yep!
It will be on your record and more than likely your insurance will go up.
6 hours of your tiime is too much of a hassle?? Really?

Old 07-10-2015, 11:54 PM

4,054 posts, read 5,613,920 times
Well, I did defensive driving last year after many, many years since the last time I did that. I must say, it's really expensive now...fees on top of fees, etc., etc. The worst part was remembering to order the copy of my driving record in time to mail it (with a money order) and then hope they get it back in time. I did the course and test online...in hindsight, I should have gone to one of those places where you can do it in person. I didn't like the online course. And I miss the old defensive driving thing...lots easier, so much less expensive! I'm betting a lot of people just pay their ticket now instead.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:29 PM

15 posts, read 24,175 times
I took online defensive driving for $25 + $10 to obtain my driving record(delivered instantly online and printed at home). That also lowered the fee for the ticket. The whole process took a couple of days. I got my certificate within the week.

ETA: Here's the course I took. http://comedydefensivedriving.com/texas

Old 07-12-2015, 07:12 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,136,576 times
If you did DD last year, are you even eligible to do it again so soon?

Old 07-12-2015, 07:52 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,960,312 times
Just wanted to answer the question in this title. Thanks to those handheld terminals and their wireless networking, tickets probably go onto the driver's record right around the time the LEO tears them off of the printer.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:58 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,730,354 times
You have time to finish, the real question is do you want to make the time !!!

Old 07-13-2015, 09:17 AM

6,691 posts, read 8,707,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Just wanted to answer the question in this title. Thanks to those handheld terminals and their wireless networking, tickets probably go onto the driver's record right around the time the LEO tears them off of the printer.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it only becomes record once judgment at court has been passed. It wouldn't make sense to immediately put it on someone's record before they have the chance to fight it in court.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:39 AM

6,691 posts, read 8,707,316 times
There are some situations where you can take DD more than once per year to avoid a ticket on your record but not if you get more than one ticket in Bexar.

Some insurance companies will overlook the first ticket, but will raise on the second ticket. Depends on your insurance company though.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:53 PM

733 posts, read 1,041,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Yep!
It will be on your record and more than likely your insurance will go up.
6 hours of your tiime is too much of a hassle?? Really?
LOL no it wont, my insurance only went up after i dinged a few retards making illegal turns (turning from right lane to far left lane is ILLEGAL.. so many people dont know this).

before that, i had more tickets than ill admit too and my insurance never went up. granted, they were all minor moving violations and not speeding or anything stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: