Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 02:20 PM

10 posts, read 7,910 times

Advertisements

Just wanted some opinions...

I stopped by and opted for the "Cold Brew" iced coffee and I have to admit... it tasted much better than my Regular "Iced Coffee"

I usually get SF Vanilla or SF Cinnamon Dolce and half-n-half...

I could reaaly taste more of the flavoring than the strong coffee....

Your thoughts.. Oh.. and it was about $1.00 more. (They said it takes 11 hours to brew... so it's more expensive.)

I like it! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 02:51 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,408,032 times
It's much smoother and less acidic than regular iced coffee.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:27 PM

17 posts, read 31,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
It's much smoother and less acidic than regular iced coffee.
+1 I agree with smuboy
I spoke with a barista yesterday about this. She told me that it was brewed for 20hrs and they are required to water it down. It maybe a bit too strong as I had palpitations after drinking this . . .guess Ill stick to the regular brew.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:29 PM

50 posts, read 51,754 times
Skip Starbucks and try out some of the following:

Brown Coffee Company
Indy Coffee Co
Theory Coffee Company
Rosella Coffee Co.
Local Coffee
Mildfire Coffee Roasters

Starbucks buys low quality beans and over roasts them, so all you taste is bitter, burnt beans. The local coffee joints I listed use much higher quality beans that are medium roasted and don't have that bitter burnt taste.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:03 PM

1,022 posts, read 856,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerreissen View Post

Brown Coffee Company
Indy Coffee Co
Theory Coffee Company
Rosella Coffee Co.
Local Coffee
Mildfire Coffee Roasters

Starbucks buys low quality beans and over roasts them, so all you taste is bitter, burnt beans. The local coffee joints I listed use much higher quality beans that are medium roasted and don't have that bitter burnt taste.
This post is exactly right.

Drink local coffee. Starbucks is corporate crap for the most part.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:10 PM

464 posts, read 799,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
This post is exactly right.

Drink local coffee. Starbucks is corporate crap for the most part.
Spot on. And the hubris of the baristas gets tiring.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:21 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,953,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerreissen View Post

Brown Coffee Company
Indy Coffee Co
Theory Coffee Company
Rosella Coffee Co.
Local Coffee
Mildfire Coffee Roasters

Throw Common Wealth on this list also. Cold brew coffee is very easy to make at home.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:34 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,966,863 times
I've made cold brew coffee at home and wasn't that impressed with it.
The flavor is fine I just don't care much for cold coffee even though my hot coffee sits long enough to get cold at times.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:43 AM

10 posts, read 7,910 times
Cool San Antonio Starbucks "Cold Brew" / Hot Mess!

Hello fellow Coffee Drinkers!

Just wanted some feedback here: I frequent our local Starbucks about 2 or 3 times a week and have noticed some inconsistencies in regards to the "Cold Brew" iced coffee.

I would say my experience is about 50/50 on whether I actually get a Cold Brew (even if they say - "Yes We have Cold Brew"), or they just simply serve me a watered down regular Iced Coffee. I actually see the Starbucks workers adding water from the tap to my drink. I am to the point of just asking for an Iced Coffee because the chance of getting the Cold Brew is too inconsistent. (and yes, I can definitely taste the difference).

If you experienced this, please post....

Thanks and have a great day!

Old 07-23-2016, 10:52 AM

6,691 posts, read 8,703,354 times
It has been an LONG time since I worked at Starbucks, back when they all had the La Marzocco machines so method to make iced brewed coffee may have changed since then.

Iced brewed coffee starts with coffee brewed hot at double strength then poured over ice in a pitcher. Even then, the coffee is still too warm and is supposed to sit until it reaches room temp. Once it reaches room temp, then it can be used to make individual servings of iced coffee in the shaker (no water added, just more ice). If they don't wait until it cools down, then you get what you call a "hot mess".

I am not a coffee drinker but still would go there once every blue moon to get an iced tea and noticed they don't even make that right. I finally stopped when they discontinued the Valencia syrup which I liked in the iced tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio