Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 10:03 AM

948 posts, read 1,835,524 times

Advertisements

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about and of the Toyota dealerships in town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 10:13 AM

6,691 posts, read 8,713,701 times
My daily driver is a 2007 Tundra and while I did not buy it there, Northpark Toyota is my first pick for service.

I did buy Toyota and also Subaru cars from Northpark before in the past but not this Tundra. The buying process went well for me every time too.

I would stay away from McCombs Toyota. No experience with Alamo Toyota or Cavender.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:34 AM

114 posts, read 159,944 times
Only experience was with the dealership in Boerne. There were plenty of salespeople standing around, but no one wanted to help me. When I asked someone for help, he found someone else to take me out to the cars. That salesperson started leaving even before I could confirm the cars were unlocked for me to look inside. I called him back, he unlocked one car, and left while I was looking inside. I've never been treated so poorly at a car dealership. Clearly they were not interested in making a sale. I was going to purchase a car that day. Instead, we went to Honda and bought a new car from them.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:43 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,789,309 times
Got a good friend that has a Tacoma and a 4 Runner. He won't go anywhere for service but Cavender. Hope you have great luck with that Toyota. His spends a lot of time at Cavender.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:53 PM

314 posts, read 829,347 times
My experience:

I wanted to do as much as I could via email...

Cavender was the best, had no problem dealing with me via email (bought from them)
Northpark was ok, didn't have what I wanted in stock
Red McCombs didn't respond
Universal responded with a totally different model $18k over the price I was looking for.
Boerne lost my business forever, they pulled a complete bait and switch on me, didn't have anything close to what I was asking for in stock, and the "manager" smelled like and ashtray...won't even consider them when I trade in my Tacoma later this year...

Also, service and waiting area at Cavender has been excellent

That said, everyone has different experiences, I have a co-worker that loves Boerne.

If anyone wants the name/email for the salesman I dealt with let me know via PM

Last edited by AFMike; 07-14-2015 at 07:08 PM..

Old 07-14-2015, 07:03 PM

I'd love that info. I prefer to do as much as I can via email. I'm looking for a 2014 or newer tundra crew max 4x4 5.7L. I'm probably being unrealistic but I want it as close to 30k as possible.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:35 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,389,112 times
If you have a Costco card, find the make and model and decide what options you want and inform them and let them work the deal for you....excellent service and $$$$ saved each time we have used it.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
If you have a Costco card, find the make and model and decide what options you want and inform them and let them work the deal for you....excellent service and $$$$ saved each time we have used it.
How do I inform them and have them look? Is this off their site or in person?

Old 07-15-2015, 10:11 AM

6,691 posts, read 8,713,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about and of the Toyota dealerships in town?
I also wanted to add that the dealerrater website is great for reading on what others have to say about a dealership. Each dealership on there can have up to 5 stars.

Northpark Toyota (4.8 stars)
North Park Toyota of San Antonio - Scion, Service Center, Toyota - Dealership Ratings

Cavender Toyota (4.5 stars)
Cavender Toyota - Scion, Service Center, Toyota - Dealership Ratings

Red McCombs Toyota (3.5 stars)
Red McCombs Toyota - Scion, Service Center, Toyota - Dealership Ratings

Alamo Toyota (2.0 stars)
Alamo Toyota - Service Center, Toyota - Dealership Ratings

Toyota of Boerne (4.1 stars)
Toyota of Boerne - Scion, Service Center, Toyota - Dealership Ratings

Universal Toyota (3.0 stars)
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Un...-review-14233/

The dealers seem to take this website seriously and some even respond to reviews. Star ratings you see above are as of today (7/15/15).

Old 07-15-2015, 11:03 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,430,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
How do I inform them and have them look? Is this off their site or in person?
It's a service through Costco. You contact Costco and they give you a list of participating dealers then you contact the dealer and tell them what you want and that you're a Costco member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio