U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 12:18 PM

190 posts, read 166,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelangelosa View Post
You currently won't went rave reviews of fans for such negative, narrow minded views. For someone who claims to be worldly or at the very least wants others to view life through a worldly mindset you sure seem to judge people on whatever imaginary world you've made up in your head. I've seen slobs in Chicago, New York, LA and even in Paris. I've seen thuggish looking hoodlums as well. I guess what I am trying to get at is have you actually ever been outside of SA or the state of Texas?
If you've honestly been to those locations, you can't honestly and seriously sit there and assert that the population characteristics of those cities are anything like that of San Antonio's.

And I'll leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinocowboy View Post
In offering an opinion to help balance things out... I know and have met people here in San Antonio who were more progressive, "sophisticated", sharp-dressing, well-spoken... HOWEVER, they were also "shallow", unapproachable, self-centered, and know-it-alls. These are the types of people that ask you a question, not because they want an answer, but because they want an opportunity to tell you what the correct answer is.

There's something called "character"... that is much more relevant than some of the labels we try to shelf people in. I'd rather go have tacos off the roach coach with a poor man who's missing 9 teeth, than someone who's "got it all together", but is like a puzzle in box; complete but not whole.

This concludes today's program.
It's because that's such an anomoly here. I mean, it really is. If I'm shopping at HEB (you know, the major near-monopolizing grocery chain in a city of 1.2 million), and happen across a well dressed, good looking, well put-together person, I honestly stare. That's how uncommon it is, atleast for me to come across.

I've never stopped and looked twice at such individuals in other cities I've lived in, and certainly not in large cities.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:26 PM

14,629 posts, read 31,245,296 times
Infinity, could you PLEASE post a pic of yourself so that we at least have a clue about what we are trying to aspire here to?

Thanks!

Hello, too! She must be incredible!!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Infinity, could you PLEASE post a pic of yourself so that we at least have a clue about what we are trying to aspire here to?

Thanks!

Hello, too! She must be incredible!!
Just in comparison to people here!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:32 PM

14,629 posts, read 31,245,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity & beyond View Post
So just go to photobucket and upload a pic. I'm sure I speak for several of us on here--we'd sure like to live up to your standard--we just need a frame of reference.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:37 PM

Keep dreaming.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:21 PM

218 posts, read 248,669 times
Quote:
If you've honestly been to those locations, you can't honestly and seriously sit there and assert that the population characteristics of those cities are anything like that of San Antonio's.

And I'll leave it at that.
Where did I assert? I simply stated I have observed the characteristics in those cities, the same characteristics you are using to negatively portray San Antonio.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:24 PM

218 posts, read 248,669 times
Quote:
I have no problem posting my picture. What say you?

Old 02-03-2008, 02:57 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,757,523 times
Quote:
If I'm shopping at HEB and happen across a well dressed, good looking, well put-together person, I honestly stare. That's how uncommon it is, atleast for me to come across.
I have a sincere question for you about this. When you say "shopping at HEB" and "well dressed", can you give me an example of what you would consider that to entail? Cause honestly, I never get "dressed up" for grocery shopping. It's jeans and a t-shirt for me. I hate to even go there in "work clothes". ugggggglllll..... I could understand lamenting the fact that SA being a very casual city, most folks don't even dress up for a night out on the town. But HEB???? (Again, this is not a combative comment, just asking what your opinion of appropriate dress for grocery shopping would be.)

Old 02-03-2008, 03:07 PM

2,703 posts, read 2,612,958 times
I only see dressing up to go to the grocery store, or get the mail in Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio