U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:00 PM

1,066 posts, read 3,177,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity & beyond View Post
San Antonio needs a more educated and cultured population.
I totally agree. It is amazing how many adults do not have degrees in this town....and the kids cant even graduate from high school. I am sorry , if you can't pass the TASP test....you are a complete moron. People here seem to think working a minium wage job in a hotel is a career. I is probably safe to assume that these same people think the Longhorns are just a football team, and don't even realize there is a university behind that team.

This city has an obvious disportionate number of poor & uneducated people. And if you don't agree...you are probably not well travelled and have probably never left this city. This is why there are very few major companies in this town. A town this size should have far more national or global companies employing thousands of people.

But one thing I do like about this aspect is the way the wealthly and educated few (for the most part) are centralized on the northside between I-10 and 281. Most cities have pockets...where multi million dollar neighborhoods...will be righ next to crack row. I like being able to live my life completely north of 410. Pretty soon we will be able to live it North of 1604.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 03:13 PM

957 posts, read 3,091,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Nice to see all these educated and cultured, highly sophisticated people sitting around on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon posting on an internet board with all of us "lemmings" and "sheeple." It's such an honor that they are here.
Why are you so offended? What primo said holds true. Additionally, he said uneducated not idiotic. There is a difference and it sounds like you're blending the two. We have a very high drop out rate and many don't go on to obtain a higher education. No one said the entire population was a bunch of morons. And the highly educated and cultured do like to relax on a Sat. afternoon after busting their asses all week.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:16 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,145,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingtoLeave View Post
Why are you so offended? What primo said holds true. Additionally, he said uneducated not idiotic. There is a difference and it sounds like you're blending the two. We have a very high drop out rate and many don't go on to obtain a higher education. No one said the entire population was a bunch of morons. And the highly educated and cultured do like to relax on a Sat. afternoon after busting their asses all week.
I'm not offended. I said I was honored.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:22 PM

957 posts, read 3,091,110 times
Quote:
I'm not offended. I said I was honored.
Oh okay. My bad, I thought I sensed some sarcasm considering you said "us lemmings".

Old 01-26-2008, 05:00 PM

3,981 posts, read 9,414,775 times
I was thinking...

what about TV studios?

Could maybe start with doing shows for latin america, and then, when the industry starts building up, add in american stuff, etc...

Old 01-26-2008, 06:02 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,692,833 times
Quote:
Nice to see all these educated and cultured, highly sophisticated people sitting around on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon posting on an internet board with all of us "lemmings" and "sheeple." It's such an honor that they are here.

You forgot "dolts" too.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:09 PM

2,703 posts, read 2,592,936 times
More urban living, some light rail (at least BRT), less suburban "lifestyle" centers and have those built in the core. Attract more airlines and overtake Austin's airport as the busiest in the region (though SA's airport is about a million behind Austin's). Also, more towers. There is a "Cranes of SA" thread, and it even goes so far as to use cranes used to build freeway ramps and a two-story high school. Come on now SA. No other city (at least Houston, Dallas, and Austin), would have a thread that used those things to show SA's "boom".

Old 01-26-2008, 06:11 PM

2,216 posts, read 3,983,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Dallas used to have them (mid to late '90's... but I couldn't find one when I went thru there last year on my way to SA.....

I LOVED them..... and that little storefront they had was great.... they actually had decent prices, and I would buy staples in there... bread, butter, milk, cold cuts... DONUTS, ICE CREAM.... LOL... yum yum yum....

My understanding was they were an Oklahoma-grown entity.....
The Dallas area still has them. They are allover. We go everytime we go home still. Still yummy!

Old 01-26-2008, 07:00 PM

83 posts, read 217,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maluminse View Post
I think so. I went to some hotel place for breakfast.
no i dont think we are talking about the same place lol
the geunther house is a really old victorian mansion which has amazingly good breakfasts its in the kings williams neighborhood on the river its really nice!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 07:11 PM

2,397 posts, read 5,843,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
The old Bob is back in business om FM 78 near Foster Rd. No bs BBQ
Really? Bob died, so maybe his family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio