Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 01:14 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
I wouldn't get too freaked out about the SA haters. It's the internet, so you never really know if they are here to stir the pot or really do wake up each morning bitter b/c of the city they live in.
I don't get freaked out because 1) It's usually the same general people with their same stall recycled hyperbole who post the hate filled stuff and when they're gone they resurface just with different "clothes" on. 2) People who love SA out number them 1,000 to 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 06:20 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XVS View Post
Alot of you who enjoy life in SA can't understand those of us who hate it...but I have never HATED a place the way I hate SA. When I wake up in the morning, and leave the house, I'm bitter. This city has made me so bitter and so angry and so unfriendly. I swear, it's completely changed my personality and disposition (something I didn't think was possible), and it's really not healthy.

That's why I post here...because it's a form of therapy, and because I want to make sure that NO ONE else (who may get an inaccurate picture of this city from the incessant positive and pro-SA biased posts) makes this mistake. Many of you can't see it, but there really is no place like SA...the people, the mentality, the culture...you either love it or you hate it.

Because, no matter how much money you make or how great your job is, if you live in a city you hate, you will be miserable. And before I moved here, I always thought that there were positive and negative aspects of living in a city. I can't find a single positive aspect of living in SA.
So sad....sigh. Sorry you let it get to you...some folks are just weaker than others. Enjoy Austin.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:54 AM

107 posts, read 238,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
How does people using cell phones while driving turn into a class discussion? Look around any major city in the US for 30 seconds and you will see someone talking on the phone. (bluetooth or not)
This is a good example of every defense of San Antonio.
Yes.....It is class. Nobody seems to care about anybody else here.
Did anyone watch the news this morning about the bus drivers on the cell phones??? How insecure do people have to be to HAVE to answer a TXT or phone right away, even on the job.

I know people love this city, but this seems to be the problem. Nobody has any shame.

It becomes acceptable to became lazy, fat, rude, self centered, and yes, classless.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
So sad....sigh. Sorry you let it get to you...some folks are just weaker than others. Enjoy Austin.

This is the worst comment of all. Living in a city = weak?

You are just saying you hate all that stuff too, but force it down because you are "stronger."

That is just crazy. It is like saying, well, I live in a bad place and I will make the most of it and then defending that place.

Most poeple would say: This place is bad and I am here, so I hope things change around me for the better.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:17 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Dang this thread is more depressing than the Swine Flu

Old 04-28-2009, 08:11 AM

33 posts, read 86,768 times
A MLS and a NFL team...and lower taxes would be nice.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:18 AM

824 posts, read 1,815,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMP View Post
This is a good example of every defense of San Antonio.
Yes.....It is class. Nobody seems to care about anybody else here.
Did anyone watch the news this morning about the bus drivers on the cell phones??? How insecure do people have to be to HAVE to answer a TXT or phone right away, even on the job.

I know people love this city, but this seems to be the problem. Nobody has any shame.

It becomes acceptable to became lazy, fat, rude, self centered, and yes, classless.
Wait.....seriously......you think SA has the highest number of people who talk on their cell phones when they drive? Seriously?

What a brainless series of complaints, Chris. You really ought to try and make actual friends (who won't be lazy, fat, rude, self-centered, or classless).

Old 04-28-2009, 08:19 AM

824 posts, read 1,815,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XVS View Post
Alot of you who enjoy life in SA can't understand those of us who hate it...but I have never HATED a place the way I hate SA. When I wake up in the morning, and leave the house, I'm bitter. This city has made me so bitter and so angry and so unfriendly. I swear, it's completely changed my personality and disposition (something I didn't think was possible), and it's really not healthy.

That's why I post here...because it's a form of therapy, and because I want to make sure that NO ONE else (who may get an inaccurate picture of this city from the incessant positive and pro-SA biased posts) makes this mistake. Many of you can't see it, but there really is no place like SA...the people, the mentality, the culture...you either love it or you hate it.

Because, no matter how much money you make or how great your job is, if you live in a city you hate, you will be miserable. And before I moved here, I always thought that there were positive and negative aspects of living in a city. I can't find a single positive aspect of living in SA.
What part of town do you live in? Have you ever lived in any other cities? Why are you convinced Austin will cure your "problems"?

Old 04-28-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
Wait.....seriously......you think SA has the highest number of people who talk on their cell phones when they drive? Seriously?

What a brainless series of complaints, Chris. You really ought to try and make actual friends (who won't be lazy, fat, rude, self-centered, or classless).
What does freinds have to do about it. I am a good easy guy and never have problems finding good people to hang out with. However in SA, it took longer just because there are not a lot of people like myself.

Yes, SA is the worse I have seen with Cell Phones. I have live in Stanford, CT, New York City, FL, Atlanta. SA takes the cake with not respecting others on the road.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 AM

175 posts, read 303,737 times
I've lived in numerous cities, and SA is the only city that I hate. Usually, again, someone who's single and motivated and upwardly mobile can find others on that same track, and areas that these people frequent. It's very hard to find people on that track here, and Austin is far superior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio