U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 10:19 AM

37,978 posts, read 55,740,290 times

Advertisements

Checking options for my car/house insurance. Has anyone had any experience with Gibraltar Insurance?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 12:01 PM

2,600 posts, read 6,101,815 times
Insurance Company Reviews

https://usinsuranceagents.com/reviews/

Or start at the site below.

Texas Department of Insurance

Old 08-25-2015, 12:04 PM

5,621 posts, read 13,028,021 times
I would suggest you calling Maria Carmona at Falcon Insurance Agency. She saved me almost half on my home/auto with Metlife. I got the coverage I wanted and at a fabulous price. Gieco, Liberty, Nationwide, Progressive, Allstate, State Farm, and Farmers were almost twice the price. I only will buy a one year policy and I pay for it up front in full. I will not do a 6 month policy. She found me what I wanted. I HIGHLY recommend this lady. She will work hard to get you the best deal possible and she sells from well named companies, not some jack leg insurance company that may not be there tomorrow. I only bet on old women and sure things. I'd bet money she'll save you some bucks.
647-7112

Old 08-25-2015, 03:10 PM

443 posts, read 782,639 times
Don't forget to check with Texas Farm Bureau.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:04 PM

Thank you, guys!!! Thank you kindly!!!
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-03-2015, 07:18 PM

5,631 posts, read 6,442,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
I second Texas Farm Bureau. They even insured my imported 70 series land cruiser when others wouldn't or at a ridiculous rate.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:58 PM

874 posts, read 1,164,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I second Texas Farm Bureau. They even insured my imported 70 series land cruiser when others wouldn't or at a ridiculous rate.
Oh man, you struck a nostalgia chord...I used to drive a 90-91 model Land Cruiser over practically all of the Arabian Desert. It was brand new and what a capable machine it was. And the 70s models...what a great heritage they have. At $80k today...too much for me.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:03 AM

5,631 posts, read 6,442,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
Oh man, you struck a nostalgia chord...I used to drive a 90-91 model Land Cruiser over practically all of the Arabian Desert. It was brand new and what a capable machine it was. And the 70s models...what a great heritage they have. At $80k today...too much for me.
I would have loved to drive one on the sand dunes out there, even if just for one day.

Mine was imported under the 25 year or older rule so it was not $80K but yes the new models today are very expensive. The US model they sell today in Toyota and Lexus form is just a glorified soccer mom SUV.

What I was not aware of is that insurance companies here do not like the odd VIN number that the imported vehicles have and Texas Farm Bureau really worked with me to get it insured. They gave me a better rate than State Farm for my homeowners policy so I had everything switched over to them.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Recommended State Farm agent?

Old 10-05-2015, 05:10 AM

3,154 posts, read 5,190,161 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Recommended State Farm agent?
Texas Farm Bureau and State Farm are two different insurance companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or