Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 12:53 PM

6,691 posts, read 8,707,316 times

Advertisements

If they truly intended to knock down the ref, they should be punished. What I feel unsure of is the degree of punishment they should get. Kids these days are getting scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 01:13 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,159,122 times
Watch the video....the intent was there for all to see.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:13 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,392,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
There is no lens on the planet that will excuse this assault. I've read that the students were suspended from school and I hope to hear that charges have been filed. Different lens, my arse.
Please reread my post. I, in no way, excused inexcusable behavior.

I was trying to view the situation from a different perspective. Perhaps there may be some degree of blame elsewhere, rather than an unprovoked attack on the official.

I have learned not to rush to judgment without all the facts. I bet we do not have them yet.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,960,312 times
I'm thinking the UIL will come down hard particularly hard on this case, to the point that people will question whether they went too far. Now that it has gotten national publicity, the UIL will want to send the strongest possible message to prevent it from ever happening again.

I predict the penalty will be along the lines of coaches losing their jobs or the team forfeiting some games.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I'm thinking the UIL will come down hard particularly hard on this case, to the point that people will question whether they went too far. Now that it has gotten national publicity, the UIL will want to send the strongest possible message to prevent it from ever happening again.

I predict the penalty will be along the lines of coaches losing their jobs or the team forfeiting some games.
If the coach or/and the team had no involvement in this incident, why should they also be punished for what these two kids did?

Old 09-07-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Watch the video....the intent was there for all to see.
I did watch it. After all those cop shooting videos and knee jerk reactions lately (which I have been guilty of), I have learned myself to wait for the whole story after the investigation is complete.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,960,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
If the coach or/and the team had no involvement in this incident, why should they also be punished for what these two kids did?
And that's my point. It will be a reaction that makes people think they went too far. It's too big of a black eye on Texas high school sports for them not to react very strongly. The message will be "If your teammates do this, the whole football program will suffer the consequences."

The fact that it happened over a holiday weekend gives the story an extra day to stew and draw criticism from in the national media. By the time Tuesday gets here, after watching that coverage, the commissioners of the UIL will be ready to take the strongest action they can think of.

Note that I'm not defending it, I'm just anticipating it.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
And that's my point. It will be a reaction that makes people think they went too far. It's too big of a black eye on Texas high school sports for them not to react very strongly. The message will be "If your teammates do this, the whole football program will suffer the consequences."

The fact that it happened over a holiday weekend gives the story an extra day to stew and draw criticism from in the national media. By the time Tuesday gets here, after watching that coverage, the commissioners of the UIL will be ready to take the strongest action they can think of.

Note that I'm not defending it, I'm just anticipating it.
I see what you mean now and you are probably predicting the outcome correctly.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:48 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,884,973 times
Looks like the ref wants to press charges, as he should.

Marble Falls PD investigating John Jay players who hit ref

Old 09-07-2015, 02:52 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,392,889 times
The problem I see is that two kids whose lives would end after their last football game would unilaterally throw it all away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio