U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,124,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
So maybe there should be threads about Austin development in the SA forum? I was just wondering.
AUS has a different set of airlines servicing it than SAT, and it sounds like Aerobus is yet another difference between them. Since the two cities are only 80 miles apart, it is useful for flyers in both cities who are looking for deals to learn about options in the other.

I watch fares in both places, as well as in CRP. It's surprising sometimes how much fares for the same destination will vary between the 3 airports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 05:47 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,918,074 times
Let's all take a moment, step back and chill. You have two moderators on this thread trying to keep everyone from hurting one another.

Please, if you have issues with one another, use DMs. But remember, you can receive infractions for personal attacks in DMs.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:06 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,986,255 times
I just looked at Costco Travel and they have a pretty sweet deal for $269 per person... round trip with transportation to the Omni Cancun for 5 nights. That sounds like a good deal to me.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:07 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
Anyone been to Cancun? I've heard it is nice, but also more expensive than other parts of Mexico. This sounds like a good deal though and some of the hotel packages seem nice too. My wife and I could easily take a 4 night vacation for around $800 and only have to spend money on souvenirs.
What city is Cancun most like? Cozumel, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco? Those are the only ones I've been to that aren't Tijuana..

Old 01-29-2008, 10:29 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,986,255 times
I have never been to those other places but Cancun is very nice. Beautiful white sandy beaches and crystal clear aquamarine water. Great seafood and mexican food. Very scenic and lots to do and see. Busy downtown area, a great island (Isla Mujeres)... good day trip just to spend the day on their beautiful beaches and see the quaint spanish town. Snorkeling is good too. The water and beaches are awesome. At least they were the last time I went about 10 years ago!

Old 01-29-2008, 10:37 PM

Sounds pretty nice. Some of these places offer all inclusive and it would be nice to know if that is a good or bad idea. Some of the more highly rated ones (5 star) don't make it an option as to whether or not you want to eat there or not. But hey, drinks and food anytime I want it sounds good, especially if there is plenty of seafood. That's something that's nearly impossible to find here in SA.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

I heard discussion of this airline on WOAI this morning. Flights don't start until May 1. It sounds like it will be a lot like Skybus in the midwest. They're offering fares from AUS to Monterrey and Cancun starting at $9.99. The $10 fares require a 5-week advance purchase. That's quite a deal for bargain-hunters in the market to go to those places.

From the timetable, my guess is that the airline has 2 or at the most 3 aircraft! Customers on Skybus found out a few weeks ago that the drawback to using airlines with so few aircraft and no agreements with other airlines is that the airline will cancel your flight, refund your ticket and leave it up to you to make other arrangements to get to or from your destination. Those $10 tickets could end up costing you a lot more than that if your flight is cancelled due to mechanical problems.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:19 PM

I found out yesterday that the "$9.99" fares end up being $270+ for two adults after taxes and fees. Now I know (sorta) how the OP came up with their $350 price. I wonder if those fees are external or possibly padded by made-up fees from the company? That is a HUGE difference from the original $39.96 for just the tickets..

Old 08-11-2010, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,672 times
For the price its ok..i went to puerto vallarta,mx..but flew from monterrey,mx and it cost my $63 dollars round trip that was last year in 2009 ..yeah u have to walk to the plane , but for that price hell yeah i ll walk..hope they keep on giving good deals to mex. Wish they would bring back the flight from austin to cancun .

Old 08-15-2011, 08:54 AM

SA International Airport posted on Facebook
Quote:
VivaAerobus, Mexico’s ultra-low cost carrier, announced it will begin round-trip service between San Antonio (SAT) and Monterrey (MTY), Mexico starting in November 2011. The new non-stop service to and from SAT and MTY will begin with three flights per week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio