U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 04:23 PM

24 posts, read 49,693 times
Default Commute- KY Filly

Hi KY Filly,

My family is relocating to San Antonio from Virginia. I think traffic is all a matter of perspective. Back in VA on a good day I got to work within 1.5-2 hours which is sad as my commute was approximately 20 miles. I am thrilled that I will only have a 25- 30 minute commute to work per my coworkers that live in AR and off New Gilbeaux Rd. They also advised me not to use 1604 but to explore 151, 410, and 1560. My husband and I looked at a lot of neighborhoods and decided on Alamo Ranch as we liked the family friendly theme, the pricing of the homes, and the idea that our son would start kindergarten in a brand new school. Many of the other neighborhoods we liked all had the elementary schools capped until 2010. Don't know if you have kids but you may want to check school availability out if you do. We signed a contract to build a Pulte home in the woodbury section. Hopefully we will be moving into the house mid-July as scheduled. There are lots of other nice builders in AR too. Pultes floor plans just fit the hubby and I's style more than the others. Good luck in your search!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 07:24 AM

604 posts, read 1,045,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinocowboy View Post
Even though you have to deal with the bottlenecks at Culebra and 1604, there's still a good amount of access into Alamo Ranch at this time:

- Alamo Ranch Parkway
- Westwood Loop
- Lone Star Parkway -recently opened
- Alamo Parkway
- Roft Road

Once Culebra's expansion and the 1604-to-Alamo Ranch Parkway projects are complete, this should provide lots of relief.
Starting in, i think, 2009, the 1604/151 interchange/ 1604 toll upgrade/ 151 underpass and extention will all start construction. 151 will go all the way from 1604 to 211- I believe it will follow Alamo Ranch Parkway. It will take about 2 years for the interchange to be complete

Old 02-18-2008, 10:31 AM

13,739 posts, read 5,218,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I need to check out some of these back routes.. is there a way in from West Creek without touching Potranco or 1604?
Cottonwood Way (near the David Weekley home sites and the new elementary and middle schools) will eventually connect to Wiseman from AR...the new Potranco West High School will be located on Cottonwood Way's extension on the south side of Wiseman.

Also, Grosenbacher will eventually connect north to Wiseman and through AR and will be a connector from Hwy 90 to Bandera Rd. until at least Hwy 211 is finished.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:38 AM

20 posts, read 47,197 times
When the area is built up to about 40% or even 30% the one lane out to 1604 will be a nightmare. (especially being as you can only go south on 1604) Also there is only 2 ways in and out right now. (Culebra & 1604) I thought that Wiseman would connect and it actually might someday but I drove it the other day and didn't see any connection.

I did hear in the next 2 years they would have a overpass at 151. But as we all know how long it takes for road construction here.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:12 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,613,264 times
Alamo Ranch Marketplace | San Antonio, TX | Archon Group Retail is the Alamo Ranch website and has some good information on it.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:06 AM

341 posts, read 821,587 times
I saw some beautiful new art work by the Valero at Culebra/Alamo Pkwy. The Valero sign was tagged, the building used by AT&T was tagged, the Ryland sign was tagged, the Meritage sign was tagged and the DR Horton sign was tagged.

Reason I say art is because there is an ongoing discussion regarding tagging. In my opinion tagging is a vile act, where as others believe it is art.

I tried to contact all these parties affected. Hopefully they'll clean it up soon. We don't want to give these p'jos the idea they are free to do whatever they want.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:42 AM

470 posts, read 1,367,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoyway View Post
I saw some beautiful new art work by the Valero at Culebra/Alamo Pkwy. The Valero sign was tagged, the building used by AT&T was tagged, the Ryland sign was tagged, the Meritage sign was tagged and the DR Horton sign was tagged.

Reason I say art is because there is an ongoing discussion regarding tagging. In my opinion tagging is a vile act, where as others believe it is art.

I tried to contact all these parties affected. Hopefully they'll clean it up soon. We don't want to give these p'jos the idea they are free to do whatever they want.
I noticed some of that artwork over the weekend. I can't wait for the day when I'm driving around and run into the punks-- I mean, artists -- that are in the process of displaying their artwork for all to see.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:15 AM

604 posts, read 1,045,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatmel View Post

I did hear in the next 2 years they would have a overpass at 151. But as we all know how long it takes for road construction here.

Underpass. They're building 151 going under 1604 and connecting to ARP. Construction starts this summer. Estimated completion is 2 years (<but that's for the entire 151/ 1604 Toll Interchange)

Old 02-19-2008, 12:29 PM

341 posts, read 821,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinocowboy View Post
I noticed some of that artwork over the weekend. I can't wait for the day when I'm driving around and run into the punks-- I mean, artists -- that are in the process of displaying their artwork for all to see.
Yes. I agree.

It happened sometime between Sat. 9pm and Sun. 9am. They're so darn efficient.

Mendigos!!

Old 02-19-2008, 05:00 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,613,264 times
To report graffiti dial 311 on your home phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio