U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 1,730 times

Advertisements

I got a letter from John Deloach Enterprises dba Bexar Towing and they are charging me storage fees for a vehicle I no longer have. I traded in my car to Gillman Honda about a year ago and now Im getting this letter for storage fees, the letter has a complaint number in Austin, but I just can even understand how this is happening, any help would be appreciated, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 09:13 AM

135 posts, read 184,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audge81 View Post
I got a letter from John Deloach Enterprises dba Bexar Towing and they are charging me storage fees for a vehicle I no longer have. I traded in my car to Gillman Honda about a year ago and now Im getting this letter for storage fees, the letter has a complaint number in Austin, but I just can even understand how this is happening, any help would be appreciated, thanks
Call whatever number is on the letter and tell them you no longer own the vehicle. I'm sure either you or the dealer should have records that can prove that.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:16 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,321,476 times
Apparently the car title is still in your name for some reason. Gillman probably didn't do the paperwork like they were supposed to...no surprise, those people at Gillman are morons. Nothing but complaints with that dealership.
Call the impound yard and tell them you no longer own the vehicle, then call Gillman and raise hell.
I had the same thing happen to me a few years back. Impound yard wanted hundreds of dollars for an impounded car i traded in 2 years prior. Thanks Boerne Dodge.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:04 AM

3,154 posts, read 5,190,161 times
Apparently, a pretty common problem.

Same thing happened to my sister several years ago. Traded in a car at another one of San Antonio's major new-car dealer chains. Gets a letter several months later from another Texas municipality, notifying her of the unclaimed vehicle in their impound lot. She just ignored the letter, as she had signed over the title, and was paid for the vehicle at trade-in time. Never heard anything more about it.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:08 AM

4,088 posts, read 6,105,232 times
Same here. I turned in a lease car and about a year later here comes a red light ticket from the City of Irving, Tx. I contacted the lease company and told them they had 72 hours to resolve it. Never heard anymore about it.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:20 PM

26 posts, read 18,598 times
It could be worse. Just ask the Plumber whose truck he traded in ended up in Syria with an anti aircraft gun mounted on it.

Texas Plumber Isn't Sure How Extremists In Syria Ended Up With His Work Truck

Old 11-18-2015, 07:26 PM

3,926 posts, read 4,776,805 times
There is a form you can download off the DPS site, shows the transfer data. Fill it out, send it in, car is history. Have had that happen with a trailer, car.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:31 PM

178 posts, read 386,476 times
Check out the Texas DMV website and read about a document called a Vehicle Transfer Notification. You are past their "file by" date but hopefully you can find some help. I just looked up the page and learned a few things myself.

TXDMV.GOV - Buying or Selling a Vehicle

Old 11-19-2015, 01:43 AM

4,274 posts, read 6,655,487 times
Considering the frequency of this problem; that site shouldn't have any "file by" dates.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:48 AM

887 posts, read 584,883 times
Fill out and send the form after every transfer. Not poking you in the eye, as I learned this lesson a few years ago when the Balcones Heights traffic cams snapped one of my old vehicles running a stop sign months after I traded it at a local car dealership.

The towing company MAY relieve you of responsibility if you send them a letter with a copy of the transfer documents (when you traded the car), which they know is proof enough for any legal argument. When Balcones Heights came after me, I sent them a nice letter with a copy of my car documents, referring them to the dealer, and it was closed.

Now I don't trust any of those good old boys. I just send the DMV form and hold a copy of the sale and form for a year.

I hope it works out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or