Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 10:17 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times

Advertisements

This disgusts me considering what the poor man and his family is going through and what the outcome was for the police officers involved. I am surprised I didn't hear about this when it actually happened last year but it is now making the rounds on the local news sources again.

Quote:
San Antonio police have already wiped their hands of the matter, saying they had merely confused Roger Carlos with a violent felon whom they were chasing when they hopped out of a van and attacked him before realizing he was the wrong man.

The department’s chief told the media last year that the three cops would be suspended for 15 unpaid days, before quietly reducing the punishment to five days before retiring immediately after.
Quote:
Chief William McManus also told the media that Carlos’ injuries were not that serious and he should understand that they were only trying to keep him safe but he just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time when he was taking photos of his wife’s new business to capture that special moment.
Injuries looks pretty serious to me and I don't see how he should feel safe.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...ifes-business/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 10:22 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,063,318 times
Wow...that's terrible!

Old 11-23-2015, 04:41 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,244 times
Why has this not been front page news?

Old 11-23-2015, 04:54 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
The paralysis was the result of a botched medical procedure. I'm also not 100% certain that all the details are in that "report" (which is obviously written by someone with an axe to grind). So - I'd like to know ALL of the details, because in this town, even though the local media is pro-LEO, they usually will jump on something like this pretty hard.

IF it's as presented.....then, yeah - those cops should be facing more severe punishment IMO - but again, I'm not sure that we're seeing the whole story.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:13 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
I agree that the article I linked was written by someone that seems to have an axe to grind but this was also reported on KENS 5 and other news outlets with little variance in what is being reported.

I can't find the link now but supposedly the incident report is not being released because it needed to be redacted to protect the identity of one of the three officers because he is on the drug force task team. The other two are SWAT and their names were released. So good luck on anyone getting that incident report.

The guy would have never needed the medical procedure in the first place if he was not attacked by the cops while he was minding his own business.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:35 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
The story was reported when it first happened. It said that he was taking pictures of his wife's new medical office when the mistaken identity and the beating took place.

It is pretty shocking and it's upsetting that the officers had such a light punishment for something that severe.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:41 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Police can do WHATEVER they want regardless of "the law", because the law will back them up. Always has been this way, always will be.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:46 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Ok, even if it was the right guy, once he's lying on the ground complying, wtf is the point of beating him?!

I've seen this happen too many times now (personally witnessed)...these people are some sick puppies.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:20 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,925,997 times
Quote:
Ok, even if it was the right guy, once he's lying on the ground complying, wtf is the point of beating him?!
So you witnessed this event? Did you SEE him NOT resisting arrest? Unless you were there, you have no right to judge anything and attacking our police with WTF kinda statements. As far as his injuries, from the pics, I've come home from a bad night at the bars looking far, far worse. There seems to be a lot of acting in his injuries and like it was said, some are from his surgeries. An Aneurysm is not caused by a beating. It is a direct result of high blood pressure that is not treated. Gotta love the liberals and their lies to make a story look good and sell. When you consider that this "news" agency is designed and directed 100% towards bashing any and all police depts, you can't assume they have the truth or would publish it any other way. Afterall, they managed to get two of his supposed injuries wrong. Wonder what else they got "accidentally" got wrong.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:52 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
So you witnessed this event? Did you SEE him NOT resisting arrest? Unless you were there, you have no right to judge anything and attacking our police with WTF kinda statements. As far as his injuries, from the pics, I've come home from a bad night at the bars looking far, far worse. There seems to be a lot of acting in his injuries and like it was said, some are from his surgeries. An Aneurysm is not caused by a beating. It is a direct result of high blood pressure that is not treated. Gotta love the liberals and their lies to make a story look good and sell. When you consider that this "news" agency is designed and directed 100% towards bashing any and all police depts, you can't assume they have the truth or would publish it any other way. Afterall, they managed to get two of his supposed injuries wrong. Wonder what else they got "accidentally" got wrong.
An aneurysm can be caused by trauma to the head. High blood pressure is not the only cause. Cerebral Aneurysms Fact Sheet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio