Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 11:12 AM

355 posts, read 1,375,017 times

Advertisements

Sorry bigdogs, I made that comment about all the trashy bars in the area. I have to say the Heat is probably the least trashiest of them all. I used to park in the back when i went to sac and would see you guys all the time.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:30 PM

15 posts, read 121,158 times
Some of the oldler and beautiful vintage homes in the King Williams district are gay, I knew a nice couple of guys, one an aspiring artists that lived there and they never had problems.

On the other hand, if you stay up on the north side or even in some of the smaller suburbs like Converse, Universal City or Schertz no one should bother you.

We have a few gays here living in Converse and they are so peaceful and quiet I wish a thousand more would move in.

I would so rather live near them than many other kinds of people.
They rarley rob you, play disturbing loud music or let their yard look like heck and their kids are usally well behaved too.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I would so rather live near them than many other kinds of people.
They rarley rob you, play disturbing loud music or let their yard look like heck and their kids are usally well behaved too

Im just curious...what other kinds of people do rob you often and play loud music?

Old 02-10-2008, 03:17 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasoasis View Post
They rarley rob you, play disturbing loud music or let their yard look like heck and their kids are usally well behaved too.
Mr. Generalization, your table is waiting...

I love it when these 'Will and Grace' comparisons are made when talking about 'the gays.'

Listen folks, we're not all well-dressed, groomed, flouncy personalities. We come in all shapes, sizes and colors. Hell, we even play *gasp* LOUD MUSIC, let our hedges grow out-of-wack and raise hellian children.

Basically: We're like everyone else. Got it?

BN

Old 02-10-2008, 03:55 PM

778 posts, read 2,503,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post

Basically: We're like everyone else. Got it?

BN
Oh, c'mon BN. Now you are stereotyping everyone else!

Old 02-10-2008, 04:20 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
Oh, c'mon BN. Now you are stereotyping everyone else!
But you knew what I meant by that comment... I'm thinking that the GLBT community isn't looking for separation acknowledgement, just general acceptance. I've always said (about myself) that the only thing that separates me from someone who's straight is who I choose to sleep with.

Small differences if you don't buy into being gay as a total, all-encompassing lifestyle.

BN

Old 02-10-2008, 06:42 PM

6 posts, read 41,272 times
Quote:
But you knew what I meant by that comment... I'm thinking that the GLBT community isn't looking for separation acknowledgement, just general acceptance. I've always said (about myself) that the only thing that separates me from someone who's straight is who I choose to sleep with.

Small differences if you don't buy into being gay as a total, all-encompassing lifestyle.
BN
I don't know if I'm in complete agreement with that. I think there's a lot to be proud about the gay community (stonewall, support of AIDS awareness & research, and cultural contribution) even as there's things to improve (superficiality, over-sexualized culture).

I've heard in the media (even on the gay channel, logo) about how people say that being gay is a small part of their lives. Well, I don't like to diminsh that aspect of myself. It's a big part of my life. I'm also bi-racial, and I think my japanese ancestry is very important to me just like being gay. But, I still want to be part of the greater community. Can I have my cake and eat it too? :P

Old 02-11-2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
I've heard in the media (even on the gay channel, logo) about how people say that being gay is a small part of their lives. Well, I don't like to diminsh that aspect of myself. It's a big part of my life. I'm also bi-racial, and I think my japanese ancestry is very important to me just like being gay. But, I still want to be part of the greater community. Can I have my cake and eat it too? :P
Not trying to argue, but I would totally disagree with this kind of thing. The idea of gay being some kind of culture is ridiculous to me. Im alot of things..the fact that im gay is such a minor, almost irrelavant part who i am as a whole person. These people who Identiy themsleves first by thier sexuality, take that label away and what do you have? Hopefully there is more to you than some identity created by popular culture.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:13 AM

Anyways, I was still wondering what kind of people do rob you on a regular basis.....

Old 02-11-2008, 07:54 AM

454 posts, read 505,202 times
Quote:
Mr. Generalization, your table is waiting...

I love it when these 'Will and Grace' comparisons are made when talking about 'the gays.'

Listen folks, we're not all well-dressed, groomed, flouncy personalities.
BN
Hmmm, I don't know...when at gay events, I've never seen so many well-dressed, well-groomed, HOT HOT HOT men in one place.*

It was really depressing as a newly single hetero woman accustomed to men looking my way, to be totally ignored. ;-)

*I'm slightly kidding - while the above has been true at gay hotspots, my gay friends do come in all shapes and sizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio