U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 02:36 PM

713 posts, read 494,589 times

Advertisements

Extracted from Next Door...

Just wanted to pass along an incident that The Bexar County SO has stalled in alerting the community. This past Wednesday 11/25 around 9 pm, a female jogger was assaulted and raped at the fairway bridge (rear gate of Mountain Lodge).

My brother lives in Mountain Lodge...they said white truck and white male. Not sure how accurate that is as they were waiting for more information to be released from BCSO, but that is what was reported to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 04:23 PM

7,628 posts, read 14,321,899 times
I am PRAYING this is not true....there was another, most unfortunate, report that a 15 yr old girl had been raped in the Alamo Ranch area last week...was grateful that the word got out so that others knew to be on the lookout and especially careful since school was out last week and kids abound outside, but THANKFULLY it turned out to be a false alarm (the girl HAD made the claim, but the claim turned out to be false upon lengthy investigation by the BCSO and medical authorities).

Praying such a horrid assult did not take place for that community as well.

It is always best to error on the side of caution tho, thanks for reporting for those in that area.

These Nextdoor.com neighborhood websites are AWESOME! Helps get the word out quickly when something is going on that others should be aware of!

Last edited by Paka; 11-30-2015 at 05:50 PM..

Old 12-01-2015, 08:41 AM

1,354 posts, read 882,423 times
The sheriff hasn't released much information since the investigation is ongoing, but yesterday's news reports said that there are inconsistencies in the alleged victim's report and her grandmother was quoted as say that she's had "a troubled life."

I take those statements and the lack of a suspect description from the sheriff's office as indicators that there may not have been a crime committed that night.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:58 AM

How strange that the info you provide above DerpyDerp is so VERY similar to the situation in the AR area...this young lady is also said to have "issues" but did in fact MAKE a false report. Makes you wonder....

Old 12-01-2015, 09:02 AM

5,609 posts, read 6,387,942 times
I wonder what the young lady has to gain by making these kind of false claims? Attention?

Old 12-01-2015, 09:07 AM

I don't know and it is very scary, because it certainly not only takes away law enforcement that could be working REAL issues, but the potential for someone to be falsely accused is even MORE concerning!

I was hoping it was just a miscommunication vs an actual FALSE report being made as in the case from last week. What ARE these kids thinking???

Old 12-01-2015, 09:49 AM

5,609 posts, read 6,387,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I don't know and it is very scary, because it certainly not only takes away law enforcement that could be working REAL issues, but the potential for someone to be falsely accused is even MORE concerning!

I was hoping it was just a miscommunication vs an actual FALSE report being made as in the case from last week. What ARE these kids thinking???
I agree with you. A relative of mine just finished school and he refuses to go into teaching now (it was his major). One of his reasons (among others) is that kids these days can ruin your teaching career with just a tiny little lie or misunderstanding.

I don't blame him for choosing to go on to grad school instead.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:15 AM

1,354 posts, read 882,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
What ARE these kids thinking???
I don't think the age of the alleged victim in this case has been released.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:32 AM

Oh, the one here in AR area was 15 yrs old.

We actually had friends that wanted to be foster parents, but decided against it because they found out IF your foster child makes ANY ALLEGATIONS against you, you run the risk of losing custody of your biological children while it is under investigation.

How very sad that a few mess things up for so many in need and wanting a good home. They would have been AWESOME foster parents!!!

Old 12-01-2015, 02:50 PM

4,072 posts, read 6,074,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I agree with you. A relative of mine just finished school and he refuses to go into teaching now (it was his major). One of his reasons (among others) is that kids these days can ruin your teaching career with just a tiny little lie or misunderstanding.

I don't blame him for choosing to go on to grad school instead.
An excellent choice on his part.

The willingness of minors to lie to get their way today is staggering. Some still have their morals in check but not many. The ones that lie get their hands slapped while the ones that are lied about mostly have their lives ruined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or