U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 07:07 PM

35,121 posts, read 40,051,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSonner View Post
Hey all,

Just a public service announcement from me because yesterday I got pulled over on Blanco by a constable for not having a front plate on my car. I had no idea this was required (and if you research it you'll find for a time it was not a "punishable" offense etc.) but they now impose a fine of $190 for not having one. As I sat there waiting for him to finish writing the citation, I counted no less than 10 cars drive past on Blanco without front plates.

So if you don't have one on the front of your car, just be aware that the constables are looking to ruin your Christmas this season. Slap that plate on your car and deny them a donut at your expense.

The more you know...

You are the one who ruined your own Christmas this season by not following the law and having the front license plate on your vehicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 07:32 PM

4,274 posts, read 6,636,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You are the one who ruined your own Christmas this season by not following the law and having the front license plate on your vehicle.
*rolls eyes*

It's a law that shouldn't be a law! Why do we need front license plates? We don't.

The only positive purpose they serve is protecting THAT TINY RECTANGLE of the car's front fascia from the elements and rock chips. Otherwise, they are completely unnecessary, except for letting cops driving the opposite direction run your plate for "public safety" aka revenue generation.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:07 PM

425 posts, read 513,817 times
When I was younger and driving my ricer honda, I would get tickets all the time in the city for no front plate. When I moved up in the world, that was no longer the case. *knock on wood* Not sure if they continue to profile like this.
Now I do put my front plate on when driving out of town because as you all already mentioned, those small towns like to get you on it.

It pains me when I see corvettes with a front plate. I only assume that they were harassed enough to be forced to put a front plate on. It's funny cause more and more cars these days are coming out with no regard to design on front bumpers for license plates. Google the 2016 Lexus RX350. Imagine how how hideous it would be to mount a front plate on that front end. Dealers will actually plead their customer not to put front plates on such a car, hence why I have yet to see an RX350 with a front plate.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:31 PM

43,452 posts, read 52,470,772 times
If you don't want to ugly up your car, these are a real product.
https://youtu.be/dZR-m7SNrrU

Old 12-01-2015, 09:22 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,212,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
*rolls eyes*

It's a law that shouldn't be a law! Why do we need front license plates? We don't.

The only positive purpose they serve is protecting THAT TINY RECTANGLE of the car's front fascia from the elements and rock chips. Otherwise, they are completely unnecessary, except for letting cops driving the opposite direction run your plate for "public safety" aka revenue generation.

Or someone runs over your kid and it gives witnesses and police double the chance of knowing and then finding the people who did it.

You may not like it, but your arguments that it is worthless are easily dismissed.

If you dont want it to be a law, work towards that. The police do not make the laws. The people you elect do.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:15 PM

3,141 posts, read 5,165,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Personally, I don't care if cops going the opposite direction, or the same direction for that matter, run my plate, since I have nothing to hide. If they witness an infraction on your part, they're going to pull you over, whether or not you have a front plate.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:52 PM

10,864 posts, read 11,914,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSonner View Post
Hey all,

Just a public service announcement from me because yesterday I got pulled over on Blanco....
Whereabouts on Blanco? I live off Blanco and have front plates on 1 of our 5 cars. As other's have said, not mounting an ugly plate.

Old 12-02-2015, 05:10 AM

3,141 posts, read 5,165,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Whereabouts on Blanco? I live off Blanco and have front plates on 1 of our 5 cars. As other's have said, not mounting an ugly plate.
A similar posting by the OP in another thread said it happened on Blanco Road, in front of Frost Bank.

Old 12-02-2015, 05:51 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,547,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
Or someone runs over your kid and it gives witnesses and police double the chance of knowing and then finding the people who did it.

You may not like it, but your arguments that it is worthless are easily dismissed.

If you dont want it to be a law, work towards that. The police do not make the laws. The people you elect do.

I don't think he has any kids.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:39 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,996,369 times
I raised 4 of them - all taught that if there's a law, obey it. If you don't like it, work through the proper legal channels to change it.

You know what? It works.........and a LOT cheaper than being cited for breaking 'em. Simple as it sounds, license plates are good indicators of who owns the car - you might wanna know that when it's YOU that's trying to tell cops who pulled in your drive and stole something from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or