Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:50 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,723,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I'm glad that JB seems to be wrong thus far. We seem to be getting more rain with each passing month since February.
And we have had some consistent rain up north in the hill country which flows down into the aquifer. By the way - the thing I don't like about Jennifer Broome is that she rarely ever shows national weather trends. Her forcast is only focused on Texas unless there is a hurricane or something. KSAT does a good job of reminding us of national weather trends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
YIKES!

I'm hoping to move in to a yard that's not completely dead... my imagination is working overtime here!
I have enjoyed the dry weather to help keep my construction schedule on track...but it will be hard keeping my new yard alive this summer. I predict high water bills in my future!

Old 05-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,957,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
YIKES!

I'm hoping to move in to a yard that's not completely dead... my imagination is working overtime here!
Your new yard probably has an irrigation system. If you're not big on reading manuals, you may want to plan to have a technician come out and walk you through how it works soon after you take possession. A few bucks spent learning how to use your irrigation system can save you hundreds or thousands of bucks on water over the long haul.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Your new yard probably has an irrigation system. If you're not big on reading manuals, you may want to plan to have a technician come out and walk you through how it works soon after you take possession. A few bucks spent learning how to use your irrigation system can save you hundreds or thousands of bucks on water over the long haul.
Yes - it has an irrigation system. Standard on every house in the neighborhood. I was told the irrigation system would be included in the orientation after we close.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:22 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,737,285 times
Quote:
You probably meant to reply to banker, but yeah there's already a sprinkler system installed and I always read contracts and manuals. That's not the issue. The thing is, the house has been empty for ages now and the owners moved out of the state. I don't recall if the system was left on to run on occasion, or just turned off. If it's off, there hasn't been anyone around to take care of the grass which seemed to be hanging on when I was there a month ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio