U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 02:48 PM

206 posts, read 388,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinita View Post
I have been taking Allergena drops everyday since last years cedar season and I think they've helped somewhat. It's hard to say for sure because this years cedar has been much lower than last years, but I think they lessened my symptoms quite a bit. Last year I was a zombie for like two months, really awful. The only problem is I think you need to take them months ahead of time for them to work properly/build your resistance. I definitely noticed a difference last spring, very minimal allergies that season.

In the mean time, the only thing that worked for me immediately was Nasacort. My old standby Zyrtec is worthless against cedar and Allegra wasn't much better. Nasacort works very quickly and doesn't hype me up like some allergy meds do, it's my current preferred allergy med. Good luck. It stinks when the weather is gorgeous but you can't go out of open windows due to the cedar!

The combo of Zyrtec at night (the generic at Sams is the best value) plus Nasacort at night and in the am has been working for me. I have had bad allergies all my life and I've gone through everything there is over the years. What works for me for a few years will suddenly stop working and then I have to try a new combo. For the past maybe 3 years this combo is working for me. I always have benadryl in the cars/drawer at work/moms house/inlaws house as a backup because I can get so bad that I will need it. I haven't really needed it this year. *fingers crossed*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 03:11 PM

1,877 posts, read 2,305,570 times
According to the weather people, the front coming in tomorrow (sat.) morning, is supposed to bring high winds and the cedar along with it.
Buckle up cedar sufferers!

Old 01-15-2016, 09:14 PM

818 posts, read 981,984 times
Don't even think about this cedar pollen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLY-8_PfxAw

Old 01-16-2016, 03:49 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,145,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
According to the weather people, the front coming in tomorrow (sat.) morning, is supposed to bring high winds and the cedar along with it.
Buckle up cedar sufferers!

I think it hit my house already. 5am and I can't breathe and my eyes are goopy. I forgot to grab some Nasacort or Zyrtec or ANYTHING last night while we were out.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:23 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,341,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I think it hit my house already. 5am and I can't breathe and my eyes are goopy. I forgot to grab some Nasacort or Zyrtec or ANYTHING last night while we were out.

Here we go again......

Old 01-16-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Batten down the hatches and stay INDOORS!!!! Here is the pollen count for the next few days......

Pollen Allergy Forecast for SAN ANTONIO, TX (78201) | Pollen.com

Old 01-16-2016, 09:37 AM

1,355 posts, read 885,876 times
28,260 according to Paul Ratner on Facebook. Pollen sufferers should follow him on Facebook for daily measurements.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:56 AM

78 posts, read 73,731 times
I check Paul Ratners Twitter everyday to see what I'm dealing with. I saw the cedar count this morning. That's the highest I've ever seen! Looks like I'll be staying indoors today. I wish some rain would come through and take this stuff out-- looks like it will be a rough week.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:40 PM

OK, a girlfriend told me about this and how well it is working for her, so I went and got it. It is called "Texas Cedar Fever" Allergy Relief. It is sold in HEB (HEALTHY LIVING AREA, NOT where the allergy meds are). She swore she put 10 drops under her tongue 3 times each day and she is not even taking allergy pills at all!!! Since I am suffering taking 2 Allegra-D per day, I figured what the heck. Ran to HEB and got it, put 10 drops under my tongue and within 5 minutes my nose dried up, no sneezing, no coughing and my eyes are not runny and itchy anymore. Even my FACE was itchy because of this damn cedar, and it is AMAZING how quickly all the problems I was suffering from even ON double the allergy meds disappeared. Yes, I bought 4 bottles. One in my purse, one at the house and 2 extra to ensure I don't run out. It is about $15.50 per little bottle, but it WORKS!!!!!

I have been able to attend our grandsons basketball game, shop, out to lunch, just got home and almost 4pm and I feel WONDERFUL! It is a homeopathic formula.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:51 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,173,007 times
That's terrific news for you Paka, I'm glad it is working out and I hope for your sake it continues to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio