U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 05:35 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,340,450 times

Advertisements

LOL! I never thought about the dog being able to use it! Thank God our furbaby does not have allergies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 06:33 AM

153 posts, read 154,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
Sadly, I think it was the steam because she stuffed right back up shortly after getting out of the shower... I still gave her some more drops before bedtime but she also had to take a small squirt of Afrin just so she could sleep... I'm hoping the drops will start making a difference as her congestion is horrible...

On a side note I gave a dropper full to our German Shepherd who also suffers from allergies and scratches so much and I'm happy to say the drops made a huge difference with her... She hasn't scratched in over an hour!!!
Whenever I'm congested or sniffling more than normal:

- I lightly tap the area around my nose and on my forehead (right above nose) for a couple minutes then...
- use a bulb syringe (the kind you find at a drug store for removing ear wax) with maybe a cup of warm water in a bowl to gently shoot the water up each nostril one at a time (the water will flow back out the other nostril). I do this over a sink. After a couple of times in each nostril, I blow my nose and generally, my nasal passages feel clear. (the first few times, it will feel weird)

I recently ordered (and haven't received yet) a Neti Pot to replace my bulb syringe because I don't think the bulb dries well on the inside.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:36 AM

While lots of folks use "Neti-pots" and other types of rinses, I HIGHLY suggest you ensure you are using sterile water if you choose to do this. Deaths have occurred from micro-organisms found in "tap" water and other non-sterile agents used to "rinse sinuses". Rare true, but why risk it? The below article covers these concerns.

Is Rinsing Your Sinuses Safe?

Old 01-20-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
While lots of folks use "Neti-pots" and other types of rinses, I HIGHLY suggest you ensure you are using sterile water if you choose to do this. Deaths have occurred from micro-organisms found in "tap" water and other non-sterile agents used to "rinse sinuses". Rare true, but why risk it? The below article covers these concerns.

Is Rinsing Your Sinuses Safe?
Oops, I forgot to mention this. Thanks, Paka.

(I use bottled distilled water for my nasal rinse/irrigation)

Old 01-20-2016, 02:49 PM

1,365 posts, read 3,968,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloggerAnna View Post
Whenever I'm congested or sniffling more than normal:

- I lightly tap the area around my nose and on my forehead (right above nose) for a couple minutes then...
- use a bulb syringe (the kind you find at a drug store for removing ear wax) with maybe a cup of warm water in a bowl to gently shoot the water up each nostril one at a time (the water will flow back out the other nostril). I do this over a sink. After a couple of times in each nostril, I blow my nose and generally, my nasal passages feel clear. (the first few times, it will feel weird)

I recently ordered (and haven't received yet) a Neti Pot to replace my bulb syringe because I don't think the bulb dries well on the inside.
Thanks for the info... We have a Neti-Pot, a SinuSpray, she's had a years round of allergy shots, had her adnoids removed, we've tried Nasacort, over the counter drugs, and now these drops... Nothing helps... Afrin helps, but is also addictive, so we use it very, very sparingly...

Sadly, this is our daughters norm... She is so used to it that it doesn't bother her anymore, she just learned to live with the congestion thru the cedar months...

Old 01-20-2016, 04:31 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,172,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
LOL! I never thought about the dog being able to use it! Thank God our furbaby does not have allergies.
Paka:

I was curious about the TCF drops & what is in them.

The active ingredients: Antigens ---
Texas Grasses, Texas Trees, Texas Weeds & more...

Supposedly to build an immunity or something.
Nevertheless, Iíll be giving it a try. Thanks.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...12064104,d.eWE

Old 01-21-2016, 05:29 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,172,794 times
My allergies so far have been pretty mild, but I thought I would share my experience with the Texas Cedar Fever drops.
The first time I used them, I ended up swallowing most of it right away, mostly because I wasn't paying attention. They didn't do anything for me.
After that, I paid special attention to keeping the drops under my tongue, some of it still came out and was swallowed, but I was able to keep it under and did find some relief.
I've started only putting 5 drops under my tongue at a time because I find that far easier to do without concentrating on it and I'm still getting relief.
I've noticed if I make a point of pushing my tongue down onto the bottom of my mouth some while the drops are in that the relief comes more quickly and is more complete.

I know this is all very anecdotal but I thought I would share for those still having some trouble.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:03 PM

Wow! I would have NEVER believed that the mountain cedar count could go to almost 30K (per Paul Ratners FB page at 29,325 today) and I could have the WINDOWS OPEN TO ENJOY THE WONDERFUL BREEZE!!!!! Thank YOU Texas Cedar Fever Allergy Relief!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
Thanks for the info... We have a Neti-Pot, a SinuSpray, she's had a years round of allergy shots, had her adnoids removed, we've tried Nasacort, over the counter drugs, and now these drops... Nothing helps... Afrin helps, but is also addictive, so we use it very, very sparingly...

Sadly, this is our daughters norm... She is so used to it that it doesn't bother her anymore, she just learned to live with the congestion thru the cedar months...

Sounds like she's been through a lot.

There's one more thing I can suggest to *possibly* help (though I've never tried it): A Facial Steamer

Old 01-23-2016, 11:51 AM

425 posts, read 513,375 times
Have any of you tried an air purifier. I was reading they can really be helpful. I might go buy one today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio