U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 05:41 PM

166 posts, read 525,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
my next door neighbor happens to be an old lady with DV tags on her car.
Do you know what DV tags are? Show some respect and help her out.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:02 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,175,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
i live in what i thought was a decent complex. on the outside, it looks great. prices are affordable. landscape is maintained. maintenance fixes stuff fast.

however, it seems i have 2 disgusting neighbors that the management wont do anything about. one is next door to me, the other is above me on the second floor. both have the disgusting habit of leaving their trash out for WEEKS before taking it to the dumpster. mind you, the dumpster is about 100' from all of our doors, so there is really no excuse for this.

my next door neighbor happens to be an old lady with DV tags on her car. management has told me that she's supposed to call maintenance to take her trash out.

the upstairs people are young, just trashy.

there is no excuse for this type of behavior! the old lady next door FINALLY took out the trash that had been sitting out there for 9 days last night... so what does she do? puts a big bag of trash out the next day.

ive been complaining about this since i moved in. its disgusting. its a health hazard.

when the upstairs neighbors took out their trash a few days ago, they left a trail of an unknown liquid going all the way from their apartment upstairs to the dumpster.

can i call the city on this? if not, then can i call anyone or am i stuck living next to disgusting slobs til my lease is up?
If it’s a health hazard call the City Code Compliance. They will deal with management to comply
with the regulations with the young & trashy residents upstairs. The City will take action and the
issue will be resolved.

If the elderly lady needs assistance & you cannot offer to help on a regular basis. Have the
others living there to join & everyone share to help her.

It looks like maintenance is not doing their job.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:21 PM

311 posts, read 745,498 times
You complain that the neighbors are "just trashy" yet you say just "no" about helping an old lady take her trash out? *smh* Wow. Sounds like you are in a place where you have wonderful opportunities to learn some life lessons.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:19 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,351,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa08 View Post
you complain that the neighbors are "just trashy" yet you say just "no" about helping an old lady take her trash out? *smh* wow. Sounds like you are in a place where you have wonderful opportunities to learn some life lessons.
a disabled old lady at that!

Old 01-21-2016, 05:36 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,309,857 times
Pitiful

Old 01-21-2016, 06:00 PM

513 posts, read 1,250,088 times
If you are next door, how hard is it for you to take a few extra steps to take the trash down? Especially , when your already going down stairs. Guess it doesn't bother you that much to help out a veteran. Guess it's just the difference between generations

Old 01-21-2016, 07:34 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,351,663 times
I have handicapped neighbors and go across the street once a week to drag their trash cans up towards their grarages, not because they are vets who served, but BECAUSE I AM PHYSICALLY ABLE TO!!!!! It is called being a neighbor to those that need assistance, and RESPECT to those that served! YOU do not deserve to be a neighbor to either!

Old 01-21-2016, 07:35 PM

117 posts, read 132,254 times
Maybe you could sell some of your numerous cars you brag about and buy yourself a house. Still can't buy class though.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:16 PM

556 posts, read 377,571 times
When I was a kid growing up in the Bronx in a 5 story building with no elevator, there was an ancient woman living on my floor (the 4th) who was an absolute gem of a person. She was so kind to us kids, so loving and sweet. We ALWAYS helped her carry her groceries upstairs (16 steps per flight) and she always insisted on handing us gobs of change which she had all over her house. She was adorable, truly adorable. Even if we said no to the change, she was just so happy to hand us like handfuls of coins. And she was old, I mean she must have been at least in her 80's.

Take down the lady's trash. One day you will be old if you're lucky.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:45 PM

4,082 posts, read 6,091,227 times
When I was recently in a rehab hospital I got to the point where I could get around without assistance and routinely refused help opening doors sometimes. One day I refused a visitor's offer of assistance. He turned to me and said "You know when you refuse someone's act of kindness you are denying them a blessing". I thought about that long and hard and concluded "who am I to deny someone a blessing?" Since then when someone holds open a door or holds the elevator for me they get profusely thanked and I'm oh so serious about it. There are a boat load of people out there that have no qualms about showing kindness to those less fortunate than them, I see them everyday.

Here's hoping you sleep well at night after dissing someone disabled through no real fault of their own.

God Bless all you saints out there, YOU know who you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio