U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:08 AM

86 posts, read 234,405 times
I have lived in New Braunfels for almost 25 years and absolutely love it! We first moved here from S.A. because we wanted to live on Lake Dunlap. That is where we raised our kids and they sure had fun. My husband would drive home from work and take the kids waterskiing until it go too dark. We all had season passes to Schlitterbahn and the kids would go there to meet their friends almost every day. Schlitterbahn is also where our kids had their first jobs. New Braunfels is a very peacful, friendly city, but is near enough to San Anonio and Austin that you can enjoy activities there also. What more could you ask for: Friendly people, lots of water, good schools, and the beautiful hill country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 27,770 times
Smile Best Reception - Television in New Braunfels

Our son is moving to New Braunfels.
Any ideas about the BEST TV reception (and costs) would be greatly appreciated!
DTV???
Direct TV???
Satellite???
Cable???

He is not interested in 200 channels...
...and is on a budget.
Just local news, TBN Christian Channel, and a good movie channel.
But, we understand that DTV has reception problems in New Braunfels....
....and requires that you choose the RIGHT antenna.

Your ideas & comments will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 03:57 PM

3 posts, read 1,781 times
I moved to New Braunfels in 2007. The town looks great. New Braunfels High School was great. THEN, We found out a lot of things. First, if you buils or buy out side the city, look out. the bulding contractors do not and I say "Do NOT have any onspections on home bulding. they are free to get away with any thing. No inspections on any thing. they do not have to have a license, insurance. Texas had a TRCC but the wonderfull texas state senators trashed it. NBHS? It has changed, I would it has gone down hill in the 3 years we have been here. At the high school in the main office You can watch Fulx news. think about it, they have fox on the TV all day long. If you are a Dem, pick your new home wiseley. if you are a repug, there are lots of them, if you are a reglious repug, you will fit right in!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:22 PM

3,958 posts, read 3,999,622 times
That's one of the things we enjoy about New Braunfels - we still respect traditional values, attend church and generally enjoy our lives and our neighbors. Not real sure what a "repug" is, unless you're simply trying to be as obnoxious as possible - but that's cool - the neat thing is that we welcome everyone, knowing that even the folks with odd ideas and abrasive personalities can be changed into caring human beings!

DrTex, your son would likely be best served with cable - I know of few folks that really like the satellite services. Feel free to tell him to drop me a line if he needs local info!

Old 02-16-2010, 07:46 AM

74 posts, read 86,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmama View Post
My family and I are moving to New Braunfels, and were wondering what communities, or areas would be the best. We plan on building a new home. I have looked a little at the Heights at Oak run, It seems really nice, but could someone give us their opinion on it? I have never been to New Braunfels before, or anywhere in Texas. What's it like? Would it be a good place to live? We are moving from St. George, utah.

It is a small world. I moved to New Braunfels in 2007 from St. George. We love it here, at first I missed Utah (we love to hike and spend time out doors), not being able to camp out in the hills ect but now we would never even think about moving back.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:06 PM

4 posts, read 2,244 times
My family and I are also thinking about moving to the N.B. area. We are sick of the cold Minnesota winters. Born and raised in Minnesota and have had enough. I have a couple quick questions, how hot and humid is the average summer day? Any reptile or spider issues? Are there any certain areas that are better for renting a house? Thanks for any input
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio