U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 11:04 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,341,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRick View Post
Interesting article I read this morning. Kinda goes along with this thread.

Texas newspaper plans to publish names, addresses of police officers | Fox News
I would certainly hope this would not be allowed to come to pass....I think it is difficult enough to find people willing to protect and defend the general public these days, and having their private addresses published would certainly be a violation of their privacy and give grave concern for the safety of their family members.

If a work place does not have the right to publish the addressed of their employees, why should a LE officer be any different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 11:42 AM

227 posts, read 280,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I would certainly hope this would not be allowed to come to pass....I think it is difficult enough to find people willing to protect and defend the general public these days, and having their private addresses published would certainly be a violation of their privacy and give grave concern for the safety of their family members.

If a work place does not have the right to publish the addressed of their employees, why should a LE officer be any different?

Did you read the comments after the article?? It was getting REAL nasty when I read it earlier, including the info on the papers writer.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:41 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,341,690 times
I do not resent you at all, we all have a right to our opinions. I was just answering the OP's question about the "air time" our current police chief seems to enjoy.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:49 PM

3,742 posts, read 3,843,839 times
Quote:
Interesting article I read this morning. Kinda goes along with this thread.

Texas newspaper plans to publish names, addresses of police officers | Fox News
That lady is a troll and an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I do not resent you at all, we all have a right to our opinions. I was just answering the OP's question about the "air time" our current police chief seems to enjoy.
I won't argue the job he has done but if he is going to make so many appearances can he please step away from the blow dryer??? It is not his friend!

Old 02-07-2016, 03:37 PM

4,081 posts, read 6,085,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
That lady is a troll and an idiot.
Agreed. I watched the news conference and her feigned outrage and her vindictiveness shone through as bright as the midday sun. And her purpose in outting police officers was what? Vigilantism?? Sure looks and sounds like it to me.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:32 PM

718 posts, read 499,780 times
There's a guy named Mike Chitwood, Jr who is the police chief of this little burg named Upper Darby near Philadelphia. That guy is in front of the camera a lot more than McManus, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:54 AM

426 posts, read 359,327 times
Does not concern me at all. Just interesting. I've never seen a big city Chief chase the camera into the field as much as this guy does. Must irk his two public info officers.

Not much administrative stuff going on in the SA department I suppose.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve807 View Post
Does not concern me at all. Just interesting. I've never seen a big city Chief chase the camera into the field as much as this guy does. Must irk his two public info officers.

Not much administrative stuff going on in the SA department I suppose.
Bet it REALLY irks Anthony Trevino, who should have been promoted after McMagnovox quit the first time.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:20 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,410,776 times
Default Whose worse?

Who is the worst between the two then? The flag carrying Jogger or McMagnavox ?
Quote:
Bet it REALLY irks Anthony Trevino, who should have been promoted after McMagnovox quit the first time.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Who is the worst between the two then? The flag carrying Jogger or McMagnavox ?
I will add this: My daughter and her friend were stranded and walking down 281S around Josephine and Mr. Trevino stopped, identified himself, showed his badge and gave them his card, asked if they were ok and needed help and drove them home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or