U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 07:52 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,509,667 times

Advertisements

Point out where I bashed anything! I was deeply troubled by the number of vacancies at what is suppose to be San antonio's premier mall. That doesn't bode well for anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 08:11 PM

874 posts, read 1,158,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
I was deeply troubled
Like you need therapy? Or are you exaggerating a bit? I live three miles from there and we frequent the place...still seems like they are a cash machine to me.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:08 PM

1,792 posts, read 2,436,928 times
Hallmark doesn't fit in there. Same goes for other stores that closed. Kiehl's is finally opening up a shop in La Cantera. Would like to see a Molton Brown too. A Rag and Bone and Moods of Norway would be nice also.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,816 posts, read 33,147,671 times
Plenty of retailers around the country are closing unproductive mall stores, as more and more retail business moves online. It's a trend right now.

Anchors away: Across U.S., malls losing department stores - News - providencejournal.com - Providence, RI

I don't know that closed stores says as much about the health of La Cantera as it does about the health of the chains that are closing stores.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:10 PM

309 posts, read 463,367 times
This thread is too funny. Anyone that understands retail knows that this property is in the top 10% of all major retail centers in the country with extremely high sales per square foot. It is one of the top few centers in Texas. Several tenants are being replaced (intentionally not renewed), moved and renovated, which is a sign of a high performing property. The sky must be falling!

Old 02-12-2016, 09:41 PM

424 posts, read 508,984 times
No guys, SMUboy was so distraught at the fact that Brooks Brothers looked closed that he jumped in his car, drove to his Alamo Heights home and immediately raced to his computer to see what was going on.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:22 PM

102 posts, read 90,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
No guys, SMUboy was so distraught at the fact that Brooks Brothers looked closed that he jumped in his car, drove to his Alamo Heights home and immediately raced to his computer to see what was going on.
LOLZ wtf yall special man.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
Actually I was still there when I made the original post. It's still very distressing to see four or five store in a row closed up. It reminds me quite a bit of willow bend in Plano. Opened super high end with a tenant list far superior than anything in San Antonio and had to make quite a few adjustments when the shoppers didn't appear and that is in the wealthiest county in Texas.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneMan View Post
This thread is too funny. Anyone that understands retail knows that this property is in the top 10% of all major retail centers in the country with extremely high sales per square foot. It is one of the top few centers in Texas. Several tenants are being replaced (intentionally not renewed), moved and renovated, which is a sign of a high performing property. The sky must be falling!
Yes I'm sure signing a lease with primarily purple has pushed them into the upper echelons of sales per sq foot, look out south coast plaza, shops at bal harbor and natick collection, la Cantera is coming for your sales crown.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:08 AM

424 posts, read 508,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Actually I was still there when I made the original post. It's still very distressing to see four or five store in a row closed up. It reminds me quite a bit of willow bend in Plano. Opened super high end with a tenant list far superior than anything in San Antonio and had to make quite a few adjustments when the shoppers didn't appear and that is in the wealthiest county in Texas.
Good for you kid. I guess all the info about La Cantera's success continue to allude your eyes balls, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio