Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 583 times

Advertisements

My daughter has moved to Texas and I am going to be selling her my vehicle. she is 19 and taking her drivers test March 8th and has alread acquired a learners permit as she once had a MO license (never had insurance or a car) but it expired so several questions

I am dropping her thereTX at my mothers with my car and I am returning to MO which I am about to pay off and have full coverage on for now
Although, this is my mothers home she has a rental agreement so they will not be putting her on their policy as the goal is toproduce a fully automanol (sp?) adult at all so that being said...
My mother will be taking her to the testing and will need to use my vehicle as hers is a standard trans...
will they allow that scenario to occur with my insurance certificate on the car without me being there?

Then she will need to obtain her own insurance after the car is moved into her name there
does anyone know what more fun is to come obtaining insurance for a 19 year old in TEXAS?

and will they go look at her old MO license and ding her for once being pulled over and not having the ID card and then having to pay a "fine" (the grandma had died and the car was gone and my daughter had no car so why would she have had insurance on herself)...which begs another question

if you get pulled over in MO for example and you do not have insurance without your name on it then you get a ticket then you are in trouble so how do you let someone that does not have their own car use yours ever even if you have full coverage...

anyway need insurance to drive but can't get insurance without a car vice versa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 01:30 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,141,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfries70 View Post
will they allow that scenario to occur with my insurance certificate on the car without me being there?
They should. Insurance belongs to the car, any one who has permission to drive is covered by the insurance.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:24 PM

7,105 posts, read 11,753,530 times
Me007gold is exactly correct - in Texas, the vehicle is insured, NOT the operator. If she can get on with USAA, that's one option. Also have her check Germania, State Farm and Farm Bureau Ins. co's.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:26 PM

7,105 posts, read 11,753,530 times
Oh - and give her a limited Power of Attorney on the car (you can get one online readily). That will allow her to do whatever paperwork, etc. may need to be done acting on your behalf. Makes life MUCH easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio