Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:06 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,506 times

Advertisements

Actually, Krispy Kreme is tanking (and has been for quite some time)... Not to mention they're being investigated by the SEC for fradulent trade practices and money laundering.

KK's downfall was an easily solved one: Too many hands in the cookie jar and rapid expansion without solid motivation. They broke the 'underpromise, overdeliver' rule. KK's started going into gas stations, cold, and people across the country wondered what the hell was the big deal about a cold, crappy-tasting glazed doughnut.

Long live Dunkin'. They make a better doughnut anyway

BN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 07:37 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,218 times
Yeah you can probably say DD is like the rabbit/turtle... DD being the turtle just plugging along and KK being the rabbit.. running hard and fast and then falling out!! Bring back the old DD!! I cant wait!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:27 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Do any of you California transplants remember Winchell's donuts?

They are also gone by the wayside...... long time ago, I guess.....
Yes! I also remember as a kid donut trucks going through our neighborhood.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:30 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I love Dunkin Donuts.. specially those creme filled ones . I do not have the girth to prove that.. but it has been a while since I went to Military Drive to get me one.. its a far drive to go get a donut.. If they open 75 new stores here.. chances are there will be one on the corner of where I live
My favorite is maple long johns! Of course, if I'm a diet then I get the donuts with the holes in the middle to save on calories (along with skim milk)!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
My favorite is maple long johns! Of course, if I'm a diet then I get the donuts with the holes in the middle to save on calories (along with skim milk)!
LOL.. yeap.. I forgot about those long johns... man! Makes me want to take a drive to DD tonight.. anyone know if they are open late on Sundays? I know.. I could call em..

Old 02-10-2008, 08:49 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
LOL.. yeap.. I forgot about those long johns... man! Makes me want to take a drive to DD tonight.. anyone know if they are open late on Sundays? I know.. I could call em..
I think RD said they're open 24 hours. They are drive-thru only late at night, though. That means you can run over there in your long johns to get a long john. Those drive-thru people have seen it all--my son did a year at the Whataburger drive-thru, and he's scarred for life.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:53 PM

Haa haa... yeah.. maybe I should get a job at a drive through joint .. so I can see!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:04 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
A Boston Cream, a dunkin' donut (old fashioned with a handle for dunking in your coffee), and an extra large coffee, regular (cream and sugar for you non-New Englanders...)

Old 02-10-2008, 09:32 PM

Talking about New England.. I went up to Mass. a couple of years ago..and man.. there was a DD on just about every street corner.. talk about a DD fan's perfect dream come true!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:36 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
They are open 24 hours/day and the drive-thru closes at 11:00 PM and reopens at 5:00 AM. I was just there last night and asked..

Does anyone know a place that sells bear claws? or elephant ears? My wife wanted a bear claw last night, so I thought she meant a crueller (if you try real hard they sound the same..). So today she was complaing about the bear claw (crueller) being stuffed with apples. I tried one and told her there was no apple in it and that's when I discovered she was eating my apple fritter.. so I guess the bear claw thing looks like an apple fritter, but doesn't have apple in it. The elephant ear is a big giant sorta flat donut with cinnamon and sugar on the outside. It's not totally flat, more like a fritter bumpy, but not the same cake inside. This is another thing from my childhood that I haven't been able to find anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio