Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 06:37 AM

394 posts, read 1,506,003 times

Advertisements

Ok guys....(RD I'm sure you would trade places with me today!), I'm so jealous of your expected high in the low 70's today while I'm stuck inside with 10 inches of snow and 2-4 more inches expected! It's 22 degrees right now with a "feels like" 9 degrees. Wind and blowing snow expected until early afternoon.

I'm going to take pictures to hang in our new home in S.A. to remind me of what we left behind!! (Yea!). As I've mentioned before, I hate cold and am definitely not a snow bunny.

Hitting the road for S.A. 3 weeks from today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 06:55 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Default THAT much snow is unusual

That much accumulation in Kentucky is quite rare - once in 10-years type of rare. Cold temps like you mentioned also not that common, especially in March.

Either way, if you're heading to Kentucky or returning here, why are there not nonstop flights? Indy recently got onboard with the nonstops flight to SA.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:51 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Well, pretty soon you'll be so dang hot that the makeup you put on your face will end up somewhere south of there, perhaps your neck or chest area.

After a while, you just give up. Life's too short.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:26 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Filly View Post
Ok guys....(RD I'm sure you would trade places with me today!), I'm so jealous of your expected high in the low 70's today while I'm stuck inside with 10 inches of snow and 2-4 more inches expected! It's 22 degrees right now with a "feels like" 9 degrees. Wind and blowing snow expected until early afternoon.

I'm going to take pictures to hang in our new home in S.A. to remind me of what we left behind!! (Yea!). As I've mentioned before, I hate cold and am definitely not a snow bunny.

We promise to have it NICE AND SUNNY by the time you get here!

Safe journey and let us know if we can help!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:05 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Filly View Post

I only like the snow for day trips to the mountains for some sled riding and then head back home where there is no snow. Did this as a kid in S. California, but no luck here.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:38 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
You know I'm jealous.. I kept turning to the weather channel all day just to enjoy all that beautiful white. lucky bastids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio