U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:57 PM

10,406 posts, read 12,667,603 times

Advertisements

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/07...-ground-report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 08:03 PM

10,406 posts, read 12,667,603 times
I'm certainly not one to defend the police, but it didn't look that bad. Some of the kids were laughing.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:08 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,753,435 times
Sorry about the link!

I thought it was the San Antonio incident!

I must have had the Mesa incident in the cue and forgot it.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:25 PM

5,619 posts, read 12,922,258 times
I don't think this event is all that. But there is an incident at Stevens High School that is one click from being out of hand. A girl has been bullied by a group of female thugs and threatening her. Her parents went to the school and asked for help and the parents were assured it would fine. Last week the thugs cornered the girl and beat her senseless. The law was called and.......nothing. The thugs are now saying they aren't thru with the beatings yet and SAPD......(crickets chirping). The school can only do so much and can only help while students are on campus but where's our supposed police? Why are these thugs still on the streets? Where are the thugs parents and why hasn't SAPD brought their buts downtown for a chat? I guess we have to wait until they kill somebody.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:07 PM

6,256 posts, read 8,985,070 times
I'd be filing criminal charges against the girls involved.......and more'n likely having a little "Come to Jesus" meeting with her parents - especially her dad, if you get my drift - if that's what it takes. Problem being, we're so busy wringing our hands over the little special snowflakes and their hurt feelings that the REAL physical assault cases are being lumped in with the others.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - it's past time for a return of Corporal Punishment to the schools. And NOT as an "option" - if junior OR little missy gets out of line, then CP is an option. If you don't like it, take your kids out of school.

Further......I honestly think a good part of the issue is that kids don't really care about school at all. I think if they'd bring back some of the vocational training they used to offer, it'd be a way to get more kids engaged with their schools and their futures again. It's time to realize that not every child is college material - whether scholastically or financially. Let's teach them a trade that will enable them to earn a good, honest living AND return a sense of hope and future to the kids!

Old 04-08-2016, 06:33 AM

11,140 posts, read 20,307,607 times
The incident with the 12 year old is bad...if a parent picked up his child and slammed her to the ground like that, he would go to jail. I saw photos of the girl with a lot of swelling around her eye, and a video interview where she has a black eye and a bruise in the middle of her forehead. I think school cops should be taught more effective and safer ways of restraining children...you don't need to use as much force on a hundred pound child as you would on a grown adult.

I read the social media comments about the incident also. I didn't read any that claimed first-hand knowledge of the incident or the conflicts that led up to it, just criticism of the girl and the way she was raised. You can tell from watching video interviews of the mother that she probably doesn't have a lot of education or money, and I think some people look at someone like that and at the side of town where the incident took place, and automatically assume that she's not doing her best for her child or that her child must be a thug who somehow caused the entire problem, and I think that's what a lot of those comments were based on.

I'd want to see video of the children's interaction before the officer's intervention, and also video of her kicking him, before I made any judgement. There were a lot of kids with phones in that video, I'm sure a couple more were recording when it happened, and I'd assume the school would have cameras that would probably have captured the incident as well.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:45 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,172,409 times
I don't know what happened, but I'll just say, if you don't comply with an officer's orders, you risk getting yourself hurt.
Whether she kicked him or not before the video, you can clearly see her struggling some in the video.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:33 PM

4,147 posts, read 4,702,365 times
There's a side to this that is not being seen or told. I'm holding off.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:00 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
She's been suspended, and her mother admits she's been in trouble before. They're not at all credible to me, and it's hard to muster any sympathy for the girl. I don't care what side of town they're from. There's another girl and mother from the same part of town that I haven't heard from, but they would likely have my sympathy. ( the girl who was going to be beat up)

San Antonio middle school girl suspended after being thrown to ground by officer - San Antonio Express-News

Old 04-10-2016, 11:41 AM

5,621 posts, read 6,404,848 times
This girl is enjoying her fame right now.

Girl body slammed by SAISD cop reportedly shares pic with wad of cash touting newfound fame - San Antonio Express-News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or