Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:11 PM

2,437 posts, read 6,992,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySixString View Post
Watch the construction workers stand around and talk while one guy is working, wondering why it takes so long for them to finish the construction so we won't have to sit in traffic because of construction, but I know that this is San Antonio and as soon as they finish that one part they are going to start tearing up some other part so traffic somewhere else is going to be held up and I think about sitting in that traffic and watching the construction workers standing around while one guys works and then wonder why it takes them so long............and then I move about 5 feet forward before stopping again... and, once again, watch the construction workers stand around and talk while one guy works........

I coulda sworn I seen a commercial to this effect here... but in it was a woman while the rest of the crew ate doritos? Not sure of the content but somewhere along that line..

But yeah.. I watch that too.. One person has the hammer, one telling em where to hit it.. and the other 8 are holding the object they are driving into the ground.... thats why that bridge went way over budget.. more people working on it then they expected!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 04:17 PM

545 posts, read 2,276,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
We don't have news stations in SA, we have News/Talk stations (WOAI, KTSA, KLUP). It's an important distinction that means fewer traffic updates thanks to long talk shows like Rush, Hannity, Laura Ingraham and Dave Ramsey with limited local breaks.
yeah...except the afternoon drive on WOAI (which I think stands for Worthless Or Annoying Infidels) is local, which means that if there's a huge backup they should be telling you about it every couple of minutes. That's why it bugs me so much...

Old 02-13-2008, 04:38 PM

470 posts, read 1,946,665 times
My wife and I usually try to start a mosh pit while my 12" Kicker gets a workout.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:53 PM

47 posts, read 241,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I coulda sworn I seen a commercial to this effect here... but in it was a woman while the rest of the crew ate doritos? Not sure of the content but somewhere along that line..

But yeah.. I watch that too.. One person has the hammer, one telling em where to hit it.. and the other 8 are holding the object they are driving into the ground.... thats why that bridge went way over budget.. more people working on it then they expected!

LOL, yeah, that was the Dorito's or some kind of chips commercial. 3 guy workers eating Dorito's commenting on the construction workers below, while they are doing the same thing to the woman in their office.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:34 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,432,224 times
i buy those big comics books, like dilbert or zits, and read em when stopped.

make you actually look forward to a red light!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:33 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,953,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaleman View Post
yeah...except the afternoon drive on WOAI (which I think stands for Worthless Or Annoying Infidels) is local, which means that if there's a huge backup they should be telling you about it every couple of minutes. That's why it bugs me so much...

Yeah, give me WTOP any day! (If you don't know what WTOP is, it's DC's news/weather/traffic station. Traffic & weather every 10 minutes. Invaluable in an area like DC...)

--Dim

Old 02-14-2008, 09:22 AM

130 posts, read 542,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Going back to an earlier thread, discussing how bad traffic has gotten, I'm just wondering what everyone does while stuck in it? Do you reflect on your day? Listen to books on tape? What do you do? I was contemplating this as I was driving home from work and I realized that being in traffic really doesn't bother me. I take the opportunity to turn up my radio and sing along as loudly (and off-key) as possible.

I also realized that I would see other drivers in San Antonio who also sang along with the music. I've never noticed it here in San Diego. Everyone seems to be grumpy and in a rush to get to where they're going.
I pretty much sing and dance the whole time. Except in construction on 410 right around the bandera & calaghan exits.... I get really nervous there.

I feel like, ok, one false move & I could be the one to stop traffic!

But I don't have to drive through much traffic. Mostly just have to dodge crazy drivers.

I wish the sections of 410 I drive on had Transguide.
I used to always be on I-10, and I love those travel time estimates.
They are, for the most part, right on.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:15 PM

355 posts, read 1,370,872 times
I usually cry and wonder why I put myself thru this everyday.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,436,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfish View Post
I usually cry and wonder why I put myself thru this everyday.
Aaaawwww...pobrecito! I say turn up the radio and sing along!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:50 PM

874 posts, read 2,884,404 times
I sing (and sometimes dance a little), too. I don't listen to the local stations since they aren't overly helpful w/traffic updates, as others have mentioned... I have Sirius radio, so there is always something on to sing along with (plus I listen to the comedy channels a lot).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio