U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 03:00 PM

6,273 posts, read 9,030,495 times

Advertisements

Actually, the city cop does have jurisdiction within his county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 05:29 PM

4,088 posts, read 6,103,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Actually, the city cop does have jurisdiction within his county.
To arrest you and turn you over to whatever jurisdiction you're in (Sheriff, Constable, other city police).

Old 05-01-2016, 05:40 PM

6,273 posts, read 9,030,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
To arrest you and turn you over to whatever jurisdiction you're in (Sheriff, Constable, other city police).
Or cite and release.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:33 PM

5,629 posts, read 6,439,908 times
I drive up and down Fredericksburg road often (close to where I live) where 410 intersects between SA and Balcones Heights. Over the past week, I have seen increased activity with the Balcones Heights police pulling over people on the San Antonio side. Like A LOT more activity. I had remembered this thread and wanted to make a note to be careful in that area, they are waiting.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:53 PM

4,088 posts, read 6,103,713 times
There must be a budget shortfall.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:58 PM

5,629 posts, read 6,439,908 times
Quote:
Maybe so....The BH cops are like bears that venture out of their natural habitat when food gets scarce.

All kidding aside, I am not sure why I am seeing a such huge increase of BH cops pulling people over on the SA side but I am certainly observing it this past week.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:40 PM

4,274 posts, read 6,653,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Maybe so....The BH cops are like bears that venture out of their natural habitat when food gets scarce.

All kidding aside, I am not sure why I am seeing a such huge increase of BH cops pulling people over on the SA side but I am certainly observing it this past week.
I'm absolutely grateful that I don't live anywhere near there & rarely have cause to drive by. It's simply horrific how modern society has allowed civilians to be terrorized and harassed by a small subset of the population. It's terrifying to be pulled over. After the plethora of incidents you wonder: am
I next?

The fact that such incidents are 1 in a million is irrelevant. I don't want to be pulled over & neither do others on the roads!! Stop the harassment! Police should be there to help, not hurt, whether physically or financially in one's pocketbooks.

Everyone needs to maintain vigilance & post police locations on Waze. Protect each other! Not the government!

Old 06-02-2016, 12:14 AM

261 posts, read 253,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
WHY do you insist on deflection IF it is apparent (and even admitted) that the driver is at fault??? the ONLY issue here is WHO's account receives the funds for this violation....

Does the PD wrong negate the drivers wrong??? If there was a question about the ticket, why was it not brought up at the time the BH officer pulled over the offender??? All of a sudden he KNOWS he was not in BH???!?!?!? Seems that dragon should have been slain at the time the ticket was issued.
This post isnt about whether the driver was wrong or not, keep bringing that up doesnt help the real question.

The observation is that the officer lied on where the violation took place. Why would he do this? To validate the ticket? If so, then it is invalid regardless if it was deserved. There are rules to how and where a traffic cop can write tickets. This seems like a blatant cover-up and/or way for BH to garner revenue.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:25 AM

3,154 posts, read 5,187,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dihappy View Post
This post isnt about whether the driver was wrong or not, keep bringing that up doesnt help the real question.

The observation is that the officer lied on where the violation took place. Why would he do this? To validate the ticket? If so, then it is invalid regardless if it was deserved. There are rules to how and where a traffic cop can write tickets. This seems like a blatant cover-up and/or way for BH to garner revenue.
The OP was cited for an expired registration. That's a moving violation anywhere on a public road in the State, not just a specific municipality or location, and it's not a judgment call, either. Either it was expired, or it wasn't. For example, a speed limit may only apply to a particular stretch of road, or a stop sign, traffic light, illegal turn, etc.; and a violation is a violation only if it takes place at a given location, and witnessed by a LEO as such. He could have just as easily been cited by any law enforcement agency in the State, who witnessed him driving the vehicle on a public road with the expired registration.

It's been over a month since the OP posted this, and he hasn't been back. I wonder if he's had his day in court, yet? If not, he can go before the judge or jury, and plead his case before them, if he wants to.

Last edited by ged_782; 06-02-2016 at 03:33 AM..

Old 06-02-2016, 05:14 AM

3,154 posts, read 5,187,717 times
Quote:
Municipalities in Texas with a population of less than 5,000 (which includes Balcones Heights), are limited to 30 percent of annual revenue from traffic fines. Fines in excess of that amount go to the State.
State puts brakes on Martindale speeding tickets | www.statesman.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or