U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 04:07 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,418,550 times

Advertisements

Main Event for combination bowling/ropes course/laser tag (they also have a video arcade).

Depending on their age, they may like the Institute of Texan Cultures (my kids started going when they were 4 and 7), Japanese Tea Gardens, Riverwalk and Museum Reach (go in the evening when it's cooler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 11:20 PM

30 posts, read 17,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
I tried to go to Top Golf last year for my wife's birthday. We are still waiting in line.
Oh gosh. You will probably be glad to hear that I looked at Top Golf and have decided against it. We finally got our rental booked and I noticed that the Chuck E. Cheese that was recommended is very close to where we will be staying. (78259 Zip Code). I also noticed a Main Event nearby, so we will probably go to Chuck E. Cheese for a little while and then head over to the Main Event if anyone gets too bored there. Thanks for the laugh, (sorry that your legs are probably beyond tired by now from the standing in line!), LOL.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Main Event for combination bowling/ropes course/laser tag (they also have a video arcade).

Depending on their age, they may like the Institute of Texan Cultures (my kids started going when they were 4 and 7), Japanese Tea Gardens, Riverwalk and Museum Reach (go in the evening when it's cooler.
That Main Event sounds pretty good. I will certainly check out their website. Thanks.

About how long does it take to see the exhibits at the Institute of Texan Cultures? Are the Japanese Tea Gardens by the Zoo? What is Museum Reach? Thanks again.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Chuckie cheese at 1604/281
Mini golf(embassy) 281/bitters or Cool Crest on Fredericksburg
Thank you.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, named the best water park in America by National Geographic in a special I saw on TV a few years ago. (And also according to me.) Much more fun than Sea World.

Schlitterbahn New Braunfels | New Braunfels Water Park & Resort

And another vote for Cool Crest mini golf.

https://www.coolcrestgolf.com
I have never been to Schlitterbahn. Water parks are fun, but I am not a strong swimmer, so I have to say that Sea World tops any waterpark for me. Besides, Sea World has sea animals you can't see just anywhere AND a waterpark, Aquatica, a short walk away. What is not to love?

I will have to look into Cool Crest. Thank you.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:27 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,418,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westtexaslady View Post
That Main Event sounds pretty good. I will certainly check out their website. Thanks.

About how long does it take to see the exhibits at the Institute of Texan Cultures? Are the Japanese Tea Gardens by the Zoo? What is Museum Reach? Thanks again.
ITC: about 1.3-2.5 hours, depending on how you move.

The Tea Gardens are very close to the Zoo, and are also in Brackenridge Park (don't forget to ride the train if you go)

Japanese Tea Garden - San Antonio Parks Foundation

Museum Reach is an extension of the Riverwalk opened a few years ago, extending the Riverwalk to the Pearl Brewery Complex: https://www.sanantonio.gov/portals/0...seum_Reach.pdf

Old 05-26-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Have you checked out the Incredible Pizza Co here in SA vs Chukies??? It is like the Hilton is to a Motel 6....check it out for sure....

https://www.yelp.com/biz/san-antonio...-san-antonio-2

Also if it is sweltering hot, may I recommend Monster Golf which is an indoors, black light, COOL place to play mini golf!

San Antonio, TX Monster Mini Golf

If the kids are old enough, the Segway tour of the city is AWESOME!!!!!

San Antonio Texas Segway Tours with SegCity Segway Tours And Sales

And if you want to "knock their socks off" with a story they will remember the rest of their lives, take them to "Big Lou's Pizza" and order the 42" pizza! I promise you that they WILL be impressed!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/biglouspizza

Thank you for all this great information and especially for providing links that will take me to all the details about each one. I greatly appreciate it.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
ITC: about 1.3-2.5 hours, depending on how you move.

The Tea Gardens are very close to the Zoo, and are also in Brackenridge Park (don't forget to ride the train if you go)

Japanese Tea Garden - San Antonio Parks Foundation

Museum Reach is an extension of the Riverwalk opened a few years ago, extending the Riverwalk to the Pearl Brewery Complex: https://www.sanantonio.gov/portals/0...seum_Reach.pdf

Thank-you.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:36 PM

Thank you for all your help everyone. My vacation is just days away and all my details are just about set now. You all have been fantastic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or