Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 05:06 PM

30 posts, read 23,523 times

Advertisements

We will be vacationing in San Antonio May 31-June 11. One of these days will be my young daughter's birthday. She would like to go to a Chuck E. Cheese. Which location is the nicest and located in the nicest area of San Antonio? Also, are there places that cater to family activities nearby like mini-golf, great park for a Nerf War, etc. (I am also looking for a LOCAL bakery where I can have a birthday cake made for her.)

While on vacation, we would like to visit some local "located only in San Antonio---no national chains" restaurants and ice cream parlors in the nicer areas of San Antonio. We have gone to Henry's Puffy Tacos and Sea Island Shrimp House on our previous trips and would be looking for a restaurant comparable to those restaurants. (Rudy's has expanded and has two locations near me, so no Rudy's either.)

We are also looking for some evening after 6pm activities during the weekday that do not include the mall, movie theater, or obvious tourist areas (Alamo, Ripley's, Missions, etc.). We are very active people. We normally enjoy live theater, live music, live sports, mini-golf, ice skating, family friendly activities, unique places, etc. Places for the entire family would be best.

We will be visiting SeaWorld/Aquatica each Friday-Sunday while in town. We will also be visiting the Riverwalk, Hemisfair Park, the Alamo, NHP Missions, and the Texan Cultures Museum while we are there so restaurant locations near any of those places would be great. We have been to San Antonio numerous times and are just trying to find some "hidden gems."

Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 05:18 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,167,032 times
Chuckie cheese at 1604/281
Mini golf(embassy) 281/bitters or Cool Crest on Fredericksburg

Old 05-04-2016, 05:55 PM

894 posts, read 1,538,450 times
I would recommend you do Top Golf, which is a great entertainment and dining option, plus right nearby you can try indoor skyking at the newly opened iFly. All located in the 1604/I-10 area near Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Lots of other dining options in that area to suit any taste.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:32 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,210,069 times
Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, named the best water park in America by National Geographic in a special I saw on TV a few years ago. (And also according to me.) Much more fun than Sea World.

Schlitterbahn New Braunfels | New Braunfels Water Park & Resort

And another vote for Cool Crest mini golf.

https://www.coolcrestgolf.com

Old 05-05-2016, 11:47 AM

100 posts, read 206,232 times
Have you been to the new Doseum children's museum? Very popular with kids!

Old 05-05-2016, 12:29 PM

358 posts, read 574,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
I would recommend you do Top Golf, which is a great entertainment and dining option, plus right nearby you can try indoor skyking at the newly opened iFly. All located in the 1604/I-10 area near Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Lots of other dining options in that area to suit any taste.
If your children are young enough to want to go to Chuckie Cheese they are probably too young for Top Golf.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:33 PM

894 posts, read 1,538,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamigo View Post
If your children are young enough to want to go to Chuckie Cheese they are probably too young for Top Golf.
So many negative vibes! Top Golf has kid sized clubs and even has programs for kids age 6 and up.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:28 PM

381 posts, read 1,089,442 times
Definitely do the DoSeum. You also may want to check out Morgan's Wonderland.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:55 PM

702 posts, read 724,496 times
I tried to go to Top Golf last year for my wife's birthday. We are still waiting in line.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:34 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,405,786 times
Have you checked out the Incredible Pizza Co here in SA vs Chukies??? It is like the Hilton is to a Motel 6....check it out for sure....

https://www.yelp.com/biz/san-antonio...-san-antonio-2

Also if it is sweltering hot, may I recommend Monster Golf which is an indoors, black light, COOL place to play mini golf!

http://www.monsterminigolf.com/san-antonio/

If the kids are old enough, the Segway tour of the city is AWESOME!!!!!

http://www.segcity.com/sanantonio/

And if you want to "knock their socks off" with a story they will remember the rest of their lives, take them to "Big Lou's Pizza" and order the 42" pizza! I promise you that they WILL be impressed!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/biglouspizza
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio