U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 12:20 AM

52 posts, read 39,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Large Hawaiian community here in SA, lots of good eats, culture and much island life type living.

I think you would like it here. Have never lived in GA, but Texas seems to agree with quite a few islanders that have left for the mainland.

Vegas seems big on islanders too, but not my style for living. Too too in my book.

Hey Paka, are you from Hawaii? What school you went grad? Not really looking at Vegas, not our style either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikitwo8765 View Post
What are you looking for in a city? San an is a very family friendly city. Housing has gotten a bit expensive, not sure how it is compared to hawaii
Median home price in Hawaii is $730,000 and climbing. That is usually for a house built in the 1950's/60's with little if any updates. I doubt San Antonio could touch that. BTW milk costs $7.00/gallon. So I guess expensive is all perspective and No, we do not make all that much more money here either. Two income family is not a choice but a necessity here.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:36 AM

1,579 posts, read 1,101,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiitoKennesaw View Post
What would be your suggestions on school districts?
I don't have kids in the schools here, so I'm not much help. There are plenty of threads here on that subject, though.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:47 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times
Quote:
Hey Paka, are you from Hawaii? What school you went grad? Not really looking at Vegas, not our style either.
No, our Hanai home after 4 yrs there with AF. Adopted Asian kids who loved it there, danced hula both with church and hula halau Oahu.

Attended New Life, love island time and life. Give me a Mays burger and Hawaiian hotdog and a surfboard ANY WEEKEND and one happy kine.

Back to Bellows for 2 weeks in Oct.

Much Aloha Kaikua`ana

Old 06-11-2016, 02:19 PM

8 posts, read 6,338 times
SA is good for retirement, raising kids, getting a job, and cost of living not expensive. My only down fall for living here is the culture. I need to learn Spanish to function in my job, pay a ticket at court, deal with Fiesta, and learn to eat some type of a Mrxican dish. Don't get me wrong the food is good nut I'm so over it. I have never lived in coldness and rain , but I am More than willing to move where there is more diversity besides Hispanics, and Philippine.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallmld77 View Post
SA is good for retirement, raising kids, getting a job, and cost of living not expensive. My only down fall for living here is the culture. I need to learn Spanish to function in my job, pay a ticket at court, deal with Fiesta, and learn to eat some type of a Mrxican dish. Don't get me wrong the food is good nut I'm so over it. I have never lived in coldness and rain , but I am More than willing to move where there is more diversity besides Hispanics, and Philippine.

Lol! The friends we have there are Filipino! But I hear you, and I get it. Something to really consider. Thanks!

Old 06-11-2016, 04:50 PM

6,257 posts, read 8,986,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallmld77 View Post
Odd.....I was raised in SA, and still do business there - always in the English language. There is a variety of ethnicities in the SA area, from Polish to German to you pretty much name it. And since I enjoy Mexican food, that's not an issue for me - but I promise you I can find a very wide variety of foods pretty much anywhere in SA. So, SA may not be for you, but at least be more objective.....

Old 06-11-2016, 05:21 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,545,691 times
The guys who do my landscaping speak no English. We have to speak Spanish. A/C guy speaks very little English, but really knows his craft. We speak in Spanish to him as well.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:36 PM

739 posts, read 816,124 times
Home prices depend on what part of town you live in .You might get on Zillow or Trulia and type in San Antonio.There are also some towns around San Antonio as well. My town Schertz has a new library,YMCA, and several parks.We do various festivals. A lot of people come here who are military and the school district is popular with most people around here.They have programs for special education and autism if you need them,not saying you do. There are several movie theatres in the area, lots of shopping etc. It's not far to Schlitterbahn the famous New Braunfels waterpark or any of the state parks and Austin is about 65 miles away or so.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:02 PM

5,286 posts, read 4,131,010 times
Quote:
He said it was strange. There are nice things to look at and its beautiful but for instance you think you're turning into someone's drive way but it's not, it's an actual road to a whole different neighborhood. The layout is weird. People were also giving off weird vibes and my hubby is a super friendly person. Truth be told, I was never sold on Georgia myself and I would feel comfortable in Texas if I thought about it. Probably because I heard there is an L & L in San Antonio. Makes me feel like it would be more welcoming. But I would still have to gut check it out myself.
Well, Georgia and Texas are hardly worlds apart, so brace yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio