U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 03:25 PM

6,999 posts, read 10,237,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I'll just let you answer all the black questions from now on. How's that? Blow that smoke and ignore the facts.
That's fine if you're not going to address the OP's questions and just spout off off-topic, irrelevant "facts." We all know that every major city has bad parts of town. We all know that there is crime in high poverty areas. Regardless of how much crime there is on the east side, there is only a very small percentage of black people participating in the violence. There are around 100,000 black people in San Antonio. Not even 1% of them are shooting each other. Those are the facts. Because you seemed to have forgotten, these are the questions she asked.

"Is San Antonio welcoming towards blacks?"

"Also, do you think I could get a job teaching special education in the city?"

Old 06-26-2016, 03:35 PM

114,159 posts, read 54,004,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
That's fine if you're not going to address the OP's questions and just spout off off-topic, irrelevant "facts." We all know that every major city has bad parts of town. We all know that there is crime in high poverty areas. Regardless of how much crime there is on the east side, there is only a very small percentage of black people participating in the violence. There are around 100,000 black people in San Antonio. Not even 1% of them are shooting each other. Those are the facts. Because you seemed to have forgotten, these are the questions she asked.

"Is San Antonio welcoming towards blacks?"

"Also, do you think I could get a job teaching special education in the city?"
Are you done with your twisted little rant now?

Old 06-26-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Are you done with your twisted little rant now?
I will be as soon as you stop saying stupid stuff.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I will be as soon as you stop saying stupid stuff.
I've been waiting for the same from you!

Old 06-26-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I've been waiting for the same from you!
Except, I have logic and real facts to back up my posts. All you have is exaggeration.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Except, I have logic and real facts to back up my posts. All you have is exaggeration.
Show me where I exaggerated and show me your backup. If you wish to continue your mindless attempt to shore up your poorly thought out complaint with me.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Show me where I exaggerated and show me your backup. If you wish to continue your mindless attempt to shore up your poorly thought out complaint with me.
I already did. And, it's already been publicly pointed out by others that it was, indeed, your post that was poorly thought out.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I already did. And, it's already been publicly pointed out by others that it was, indeed, your post that was poorly thought out.
My full post...

Quote:
You need only fear other blacks here. Well, actually just those that are in gangs or other criminal activities. That goes for any race or ethnicity of course. We take in newcomers quite well here. The predominately black east side though is seeing an upsurge in violence. I'd just avoid that area and find a more peaceful part of town. Loads of teaching jobs here with huge school district budgets. Our school systems should be second to none.
Quote:
You need only fear other blacks here.
A little tongue in cheek ice-breaker but certainly true most likely if she moved into the area I speak of in later follow up sentences...
The break down of my post...

Quote:
Well, actually just those that are in gangs or other criminal activities. That goes for any race or ethnicity of course.
That clears up any ambiguities about the opening sentence.

Quote:
The predominately black east side though is seeing an upsurge in violence. I'd just avoid that area and find a more peaceful part of town.
I could have said the predominately black sections of the east side. But as I said East side means blacks to most folks here there's no denying it. You're just nit-picking.

I also answered both her questions to the best of my knowledge with honesty.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
My full post...

A little tongue in cheek ice-breaker but certainly true most likely if she moved into the area I speak of in later follow up sentences...
In other words, you think it's a cute icebreaker to tell a black person to fear other black people in a city when not even 1% of them are involved in the violence. Got it. If I had said that she should fear white people or fear Hispanic people because of a racist group I came across, I bet you wouldn't think of it as an icebreaker.

What you don't understand is that this question is not usually asked because of safety concerns. This question isn't asked because people believe that the KKK is going to lynch them. It's asked because of quality of life and opportunity concerns. People don't want to be made to feel like outsiders, they don't want to be racially profiled, and they don't want to be turned down for jobs just because of the color of their skin.

Quote:
I could have said the predominately black sections of the east side. But as I said East side means blacks to most folks here there's no denying it. You're just nit-picking.
It's not nitpicking to point out something that is factually wrong even if a lot of people are ignorant of the fact. Actually, that's an even better reason to correct a false belief.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
In other words, you think it's a cute icebreaker to tell a black person to fear other black people in a city when not even 1% of them are involved in the violence. Got it. If I had said that she should fear white people or fear Hispanic people because of a racist group I came across, I bet you wouldn't think of it as an icebreaker.

What you don't understand is that this question is not usually asked because of safety concerns. This question isn't asked because people believe that the KKK is going to lynch them. It's asked because of quality of life and opportunity concerns. People don't want to be made to feel like outsiders, they don't want to be racially profiled, and they don't want to be turned down for jobs just because of the color of their skin.

It's not nitpicking to point out something that is factually wrong even if a lot of people are ignorant of the fact. Actually, that's an even better reason to correct a false belief.
I made the statement about more to fear from blacks to point out we are mostly friendly towards blacks here. With the huge numbers of murders and shootings in the BLACK parts of the east side recently (on my mind) she'd be safer elsewhere. That's all... it's that simple. You're just simply nit- picking and being a bit dishonest or naive.

I could agree with the later part of your 2nd paragraph/ I do think there is also as you deny concern over certain groups. I'm just a poor ol' white boy I guess I don't know what concerns you people. I did vote for Ivy Taylor hoping she'd help clean up the east side...the hispanic, black and the white sections. But most of all the sections where the blacks are killing each other at an alarming rate. Yes, now tell me it's expected of the poor or the drug dealers or certain gangs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or