Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:17 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddys2 View Post
In California prior to any election you are shipped a sizable pamphlet which includes all of the ballet measures with statements written by the proposing and opposing parties as to why you should vote yes or no on the measure. Also, any running officials submit statements as to why they should win and their positions on issues etc...

Texas could really learn from California by implementing such a voter education program. I believe that the voter turn out would not only be increased but each vote would be so much better informed.

Just a little rant about the Texas voting system

FYI: if you have problems with the voting machines acting up please report your issues to:
Problems Voting in the General Election? Report Your Issue Here | Threat Level from Wired.com

Apparently in some states if you do a all one party ticket the machine will sometimes switch your results so make sure you read over the ballot carefully. Texas has been reported as a state that uses the software with the glitch.
Think they are sending them out this year with all their money issues??? If they can't pay the state employees more than minimum wage until the budget passes, and they are as broke as they are, do you think they spent the money doing that this election cycle??? Sounds lovely, but expensive.

Just curious....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 07:43 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Even if they look long, they probably will go very quick. I didn't like seeing the amount of cars at the place I went, but it only took about 15 minutes. It's definitely going to be Much worse on election day, so I'd get it done now.
Thanks for voting BTW.

and a bit OT, but I'll make it specific to SA. Has anyone in SA ever lied to one of the people that call you for a poll about who you are voting for? A guy I work with, here in SA, said he lies to them all the time and he's pretty sure quite a few others also do. Just wondering how common this is here in SA. I definitely don't want to ask this question in the politics poll because that's an evil place..
No one has called me for a poll. Of course, I haven't been tied to a land-line for a couple of years now. I heard that many people have also stopped their land-line, so this could possibly skew the polls. Anyway, we'll see next Tuesday night...or maybe longer?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:51 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
I'm thinking quite a bit longer.. It'll be intesting to see how Bexar County goes, though. I'm also interested in seeing how Texas goes.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:34 AM

667 posts, read 1,567,368 times
Default John Igo

Husband went to John Igo library (on Kyle Seale, by new Brandeis High School) yesterday and had no wait.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:39 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,619 times
We went to Tobin Library on Harry Wurzbach and the wait was about 30 minutes. It goes faster if you have voter registration card, they let you go ahead of others to another computer (at least at this location.) Today is the last day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio