Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 06:49 AM

5 posts, read 3,614 times

Advertisements

We relocated to San Antonio, and we are house hunting. There is a house that we like, however, the schools assigned are: Elementary is Blattman, Middle is Rawlinon and High School is Clark

I really need to know how the schools are cause I havw kids of goint to each one of them. I really need ro know about Clark High School more than anything cause my oldest son is going to high school this year. Please provide advice, and thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 10:06 PM

203 posts, read 561,368 times
It's still one of the best rated in the city. It's very diverse economically but has some of the most affluent neigborhoods in the city that feed into the school. Has fairly high SAT scores

Old 07-29-2016, 05:14 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Your kids will be fine. Blatman and rawlinson are two of the newer schools in the area and as the poster above said, Clark is historically one of the better schools in the area.if your kids are going into blatman I assume you are living in shavano park. It's one of the best areas in the city. Please don't let the kids that feed into the school from the medical center scare you at Clark. While it is not one of the prettiest feeder patterns it is still s great school. I graduated in 2003 fye, ancient) but I know one of the APs and a few of my amazing teachers are still there. I ended up with a masters from a top ten program so I think it prepared me well. I lived in the area from 1989 until 2011 so please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions. Search the forum as well, you will get similar responses.

But also...you're from 78109 and don't know anything about Clark? I'm a bit confused....

Old 07-29-2016, 02:41 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,200 times
Our oldest daughter graduated from Clark in 2014 and she loved her high school years ... She spent her freshman year in band and her sophomore-senior years in ROTC ... She graduated with honors and with 24 college credits under her belt ... All of her teachers were great and were very responsive via email ...

Our middle daughter will start her freshman year at Clark this August and she is SO looking forward to it...

Honestly, regardless of school, your son will get out of it what he puts into it, you know??? ... As long he falls in with a good group of kids, joins an extra curricular or club and you remain vigilant as a parent, you shouldn't have any problems...

Regarding Rawlinson Middle School, both my daughters also attended Rawlinson and again, no problems at all...

Old 07-30-2016, 06:25 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
I agree with the others. Clark, along with O'Connor and Brandeis, are considered the top tier of Northside ISD.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:05 PM

Good evening. I really appreciate all the feedbacks I received. These posts make me feel more confidence about our decision in buying the house. Thanks a lot

Old 08-18-2016, 09:07 PM

Thanks for the reply. We just moved from out of state and the zip code belongs to my relative's house, where we are staying with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: