Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 10:08 PM

432 posts, read 523,314 times

Advertisements

I went the lawyer route though I doubt he will do any real defense just take advantage of the professional courtesy he will get from the San Antonio Municipal Court folks. The legal fee does save me the aggravation visiting the downtown court, maybe multiple times.

Oh, the kiosk courts are for nolo or guilty pleas (and pay the fine and get the violation noted in your DL records) only.

Seems I have a medium defense, but way too tricky to present during valuable court time: I was traveling east on Fresno, school zone sign about a block from West Ave. Stop at red light waiting for green then turn left to go South on West Ave, apparently the school zone continues several miles down West Ave - no end school zone sign (for the 14 blocks I re-traced today). Ticket says I was nailed at/on 1200 West Ave.

Going N on West Ave the school zone starts a couple blocks before Fresno.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:14 AM

422 posts, read 756,874 times
2 pages already......

Look man

You were speeding THATS it....

next time don't speed simple as that..

It's a school zone, sometimes people that speed
in school zones run over kids that's why it's
strictly enforced.

Don't you have any kids OP? Do you want people speeding
in school zones..

pay your ticket and move on.

IT'S THE LAW.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:33 AM

432 posts, read 523,314 times
Yes I was speeding. School zone runs from 2PM to 5PM. School's out at 3. My ticket was written at 2:10. Yes it is the LAW, but mainly it is a TAX. I'll be paying the tax part, and a lawyer fee, but no driving record ding.

Also, this was a good reminder to me that all school zones, like those in my usual travels, do NOT include the flashing yellow warning signs and with kids on the loose.

I'll try to keep it on topic without a dissertation on what we have learned about the LAW lately. Like DOJ/FBI, and legal marijuana sales, and immigration.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:51 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
2 pages already......

Look man

You were speeding THATS it....

next time don't speed simple as that..

It's a school zone, sometimes people that speed
in school zones run over kids that's why it's
strictly enforced.

Don't you have any kids OP? Do you want people speeding
in school zones..

pay your ticket and move on.

IT'S THE LAW.
Did you read the OP's post. It doesn't seem like the OP is trying to avoid the responsibility of dealing with the ticket or come up with an excuse for going over the limit.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:48 AM

814 posts, read 676,093 times
I got a speeding ticket a year ago. That's bad.
What's worse is within a week I got letters from three different law firms offering to get deferred adjudication for me for a fee. What made this worse was my wife wanted to know why lawyers were sending me letters. No secrets in my house.

I suppose traffic tickets are public record ? Or are the lawyers paying off someone at the court ?

Old 09-28-2016, 02:17 PM

520 posts, read 781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resonator View Post
I got a speeding ticket a year ago. That's bad.
What's worse is within a week I got letters from three different law firms offering to get deferred adjudication for me for a fee. What made this worse was my wife wanted to know why lawyers were sending me letters. No secrets in my house.

I suppose traffic tickets are public record ? Or are the lawyers paying off someone at the court ?
Public record, a docket is created and a hearing has to be scheduled.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:08 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,390,063 times
Your fifteen minutes of fame are up. Any last words?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve807 View Post
Yes I was speeding. School zone runs from 2PM to 5PM. School's out at 3. My ticket was written at 2:10. Yes it is the LAW, but mainly it is a TAX. I'll be paying the tax part, and a lawyer fee, but no driving record ding.

Also, this was a good reminder to me that all school zones, like those in my usual travels, do NOT include the flashing yellow warning signs and with kids on the loose.

I'll try to keep it on topic without a dissertation on what we have learned about the LAW lately. Like DOJ/FBI, and legal marijuana sales, and immigration.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:04 PM

61,689 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve807 View Post
Yes I was speeding. School zone runs from 2PM to 5PM. School's out at 3. My ticket was written at 2:10. Yes it is the LAW
Yes, it is, and you should obey.

BTW:
It's been 10 days since, OP never came back or took part in discussion.
The matter is most likely resolved.
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: