Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,240,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Ever take a shower, step out and drip in sweat, ever felt like you could cut the humidity with a knife? Thats San Antonio.
Not really but great way of over exaggerating the humidity in SA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2007, 09:19 PM

469 posts, read 2,341,796 times
I agree with 210, that's way over exaggerated.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:18 AM

305 posts, read 1,618,051 times
I thought I had experienced humidity in SA until I moved to Indiana. And there is nothing like humidity in the midwest. It only needs to get into the high 80s and the humidity is unbearable. In SA if the humidity gets in the 90% range, it will rain and cool things off. And in SA, the hotter it gets the drier it gets so the humidity will drop. In the midwest, the hotter it gets, the more humid it gets and the air just stagnates to the point where you feel like you can't breathe. We have days where the humidity is 100% and it's not raining. Go figure. The worse weather I remember in SA are the drizzly rain days when the temp is in the 40s.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:34 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,240,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irnag View Post
The worse weather I remember in SA are the drizzly rain days when the temp is in the 40s.
I hate those days the most. During winter when it's low 40's and slightly raining with a wind, damn I hate that weather.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:13 AM

217 posts, read 670,718 times
This is a totally stupid addition, but SA is the only place I've lived where it often drizzles really lightly such that you have to use wipers, yet having the wipers on the lowest, intermittent setting is too much. So you have to constantly turn the wipers on and off manually (I'm sure they've invented some cars with automatic sensors now or something, though).

Old 01-05-2007, 07:15 PM

305 posts, read 1,618,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert123 View Post
(I'm sure they've invented some cars with automatic sensors now or something, though).
I don't know about that, but I feel your plight. I have often wished the intermittent wipers had an adjustable delay mechanism.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:39 PM

26 posts, read 80,978 times
I just thought about my experiences with humidity in CA. I grew up in San Francisco and its wet and drippy 8 months of the year. Yes its cool and breezy there and not hot and sticky, but its always wet! My hair was frizzy for most of my life and I didnt know any better. The Fog dampens everything. So everywhere you live has its ups and downs.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,093 times
Smile Moving to San Antonio

My family and I live Mn, We are looking to move to San Antonio in August.
How Humid does it get in June- Sept? I have a 5 year old and 22 month.

My husband lived in New mexico and loved it I love warm weather But not sure about the humidity in the Summer.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:35 PM

604 posts, read 1,871,077 times
Most of -those sayings- that everyone has are practically true.
Like "If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 5 minutes", and "We always have a drought, and it's always broken by a flood"

What you have to remember is that the higher the temperature, the higher the capacity for moisture. I know that the coastal areas of California tend to stay fairly "cool", where as South Texas is warmer: So- South Texas has the capability to hold more moisture than much of the west coast- but even then (like others have already said) SA is not as bad as some other places in the world and the US.

On a scale of 1-10, on the subject of humidity, if we give El Paso (in the desert of west Texas) the number 1 and Houston/Galveston (in the hot and humid subtropics on the coast in east Texas) the number 10, San Antonio is a 5. Right in the middle. Some days we can be a 6 or 7; on the other hand some days we can be a 4 or 3.

To summarize, yes San Antonio may be a little more humid than what you're used to, but it's not terrible -its tolerable-. Most of SA's residents very much enjoy San Antonio's climate. (That may be why we have a pop. just under 1.5 million)

Hope I could help!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,552,356 times
I don't know how MN compares to IN, but SA humidity is nothing compared to Northern IN (I'm just guessing the humidity there is a little closer to MN, could be wrong). SA is right at the 'border' of two major zones, with the eastern portion being a tiny bit wetter and greener and just a few miles east of SA being a bit more humid. The west end of town tends to be drier. It's crazy but in such a small zone you can find multiple climates.

It's insane. Mr Chaka used to live on the NW side (Bandera/1604), in summer it was much drier than my place downtown/slightly SE. In winter his place was colder than mine.

In any case, I find the humidity perfectly tolerable. Some days it's blech, but it's not like Houston or the South. FWIW - I grew up in the very dry so Cal almost desert climate, lived in CT and IN and assorted tropical (very humid!) places, so have experienced the range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio