U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-15-2008, 02:57 PM
tcs

213 posts, read 550,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Great pics and keep them coming.
Old Frank Brothers. That is where we had to get our TMI school uniforms from. And you still can not get a pair of Levis from Satels.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:01 PM

130 posts, read 375,153 times
I am kind of a youngster on these pages but I do remember a lot of San Antonio in the late 80's.

I remember Jungle Jims.

Orange Julius at Ingram Mall.

The old McDonalds that used to be next to I think Sears at Ingram Mall.

Aladins Castle at Crossroads Mall, the Toy Box, and the cool arcade near the food court.

Montgomery Ward.

Winns at Donaldson and Dickinson. I used to but Quints there.

Puffin Billy's on Fredricksburg near Balcones Heights.

Handy Andy, Albertsons, Krogers, and the old HEB on Fredericksberg and West Ave, My big brother used to work there.

Woolworths maybe at Crossroads.

Builder's Square accross from Crossroads.

The Opening of Sea World and Fiesta Texas.

When Fiesta Texas wasn't Six Flags, and the ORIGINAL Rattler.

Central Park mall.

The Old Whataburgers & Dairy Queens.

The old JC Penny's on Fredricksburg Rd. Now it's a China Harbor.
and Panchitos next door, with the little flags.

The Original Henry's Puffy Tacos, I saw Shaq there around the time he was drafted into the NBA.

When Mailbu Grand Prix used to be the coolest place ever.

Pear Apple County Fair. I was there the day they closed... : (

Pistol Pete's Pizza on Bandera and Woodlawn... with the Carousel!

Kiddie Park.

The Sky Ride at the Zoo & the Train (does that still run).

I remember going to this restraunt Wyatts on 410 and Bandera when I was very small.... does anyone else remember this place?

Oh gosh, so much more. Not much compared to some people on here. But keep the memories coming people. I love to know what things used to be like.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:06 PM

[quote=gy2020;2506176]Later on tonight I will be posting pictures of the snow of 85 on the thread Pics of San Antonio.

I was born that year!! I still haven't seen snow.

I would love to see those pics... my mom has a couple of her pregnant with me.

I really wish it would snow again, even 3 inches would be great.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:34 PM

139 posts, read 302,397 times
[quote=mclor85;2522003]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
Later on tonight I will be posting pictures of the snow of 85 on the thread Pics of San Antonio.

I was born that year!! I still haven't seen snow.

I would love to see those pics... my mom has a couple of her pregnant with me.

I really wish it would snow again, even 3 inches would be great.
I lived in SA for from about 63 to 91 I saw snow once when I was real young like 2 or three but I was real sick Then it snowed twice in the mid 70s I think, The same year. It was great. One time, That year was like 6 inches. I saw Snow again in 85. I remember sitting on my apartment balcony, off of Ingram and 410, in Shorts and sipping on a Lone Star, Watching it snow. Now living in Phoenix, I am about 2 and half hours away from Flagstaff. It snows all the time there. It is not the same. I loved the snow back then and hate it now. LOL HHW

Old 01-15-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Great pics and keep them coming.
Ok if you all get tired of em let me know. Some more tonight. I really wish my scanner was working. Sorry. HHW

Old 01-15-2008, 04:24 PM

2,398 posts, read 4,354,486 times
Did anyone else ever go to the Gyro's on Nogalitos when they had carhops? I remember one, in particular, whose name was Gladys. She'd been there forever!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
I'll also post the snow pics here.
Moderator cut: website

Such awesome pics... I sure wish I had been born atleast 3 years earlier!
Last year's semi-ice storm was about the closest that I'll ever get!!!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-22-2008 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: website removed

Old 01-15-2008, 05:40 PM

Default Project Terror and Captn Gus

Here is the Link to Captn Gus Web site. "CLASS OF 1970 BLAST FROM THE PAST" the Captain is long gone but Dennis Dupriest he first Mate Runs the Website. This is the site I contributed the picture of Project Terror to. BTW HHW = Howard Harris.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:42 PM

280 posts, read 665,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclor85 View Post
I am kind of a youngster on these pages but I do remember a lot of San Antonio in the late 80's.

I remember Jungle Jims.

Orange Julius at Ingram Mall.

The old McDonalds that used to be next to I think Sears at Ingram Mall.

The Opening of Sea World and Fiesta Texas.

When Fiesta Texas wasn't Six Flags, and the ORIGINAL Rattler.

The Original Henry's Puffy Tacos, I saw Shaq there around the time he was drafted into the NBA.

I remember going to this restraunt Wyatts on 410 and Bandera when I was very small.... does anyone else remember this place?
Jungle Jims was great for kids' parties and I loved pre-food court Ingram Park Mall. Yes, the McDonald's was on the lower level next to Sears. Above the McDonald's was a pet store.

I had season passes to Fiesta Texas the first year. I preferred the Rattler before the changes were made.

This could not have been the original Henry's, which was located at 3202 W. Woodlawn. Their first restaurant was open from 1978-1986 and was tiny, with only 6-8 tables. Since Shaq was in the 1992 draft, it was probably their third location, which was on Bandera, near Woodlawn, in a former Luby's, or they could have still been at their 2nd location on Woodlawn next to the tiny
place.

I remember the Wyatts Cafeteria at 410 and Babcock next to the Koger Center.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:08 PM

413 posts, read 950,883 times
I had a birthday party at Jungle Jims!! I loved that place!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio